Kalamazoo, MI - Free RPG Day & 2014 World Tour Game (Video)

This forum is for finding other players, announcing games, sharing actual game play reports, organizing online games, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Cthulhuoid
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Kalamazoo, MI - Free RPG Day & 2014 World Tour Game (Video)

Post by Cthulhuoid »

Hail Fellow Dungeoneers!

Come down to Kalamazoo to play the new DCC Free RPG day module on Free RPG day - 1PM EST - at the community room of the D&W Fresh Market:

525 Romence Road
Portage, MI 49024

For those who haven't gamed at this location, it is on the mezzanine above the west entrance, in the "glass room" (Starbucks side).

This event, part of the 2014 DCC World Tour, is also being put on by our local group (The Alpha Gamers), and there is also a little competition - hence competing promo videos! We will be competing against another table of Pathfinder Society, and it will be for bragging rights of what table had the most fun at the end of the day!

DCC Will prevail! - Here is the link to our promo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KHlpKhSHwY

The prequel to this video, putting the above one into context is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCphM0xREtk

For those interested, here is the alternate ending supporting PFS, with DCC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ph2GoRQZ8g

Now, for registration - reply to this thread, first come first serve for a spot at the table. I will update this post entry.

--EDIT-- I heard there may be an issue creating a forum account, if that's the case email me at snyder_rb -at- yahoo dot com; and I will confirm your spot.

Depending on interest, and the type of module it will end up being; we may have a rotating spot or two depending on a variety of things (player death... for instance... muhhahaha :twisted: )

Roster for the Kalamazoo Free RPG Day 2014 World Tour Module
Player 1: Jeremy Ligman
Player 2: Jeremy Lasseigne
Player 3: Ethan Lasseigne
Player 4: "Dan", Recruit of Jeremy Lasseigne
Player 5: Christian Smucker
Player 6:
Next In Line/Potential Hot Seat: possible ligmancer guest;

Other Notes:
- We may or may not have prizes.
- We will be using pregens provided by the powers that be.
- Bribes wont work.

-end of line-

:twisted: Judge Luukas the Madd :twisted:
Last edited by Cthulhuoid on Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Judge Roy Snyder
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Re: Kalamazoo, MI - Free RPG Day & 2014 World Tour Game (Vid

Post by DCCfan »

These are great. :lol:
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
Cthulhuoid
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Cthulhuoid »

Thanks for the positive feedback :D - It was a labor of love!

Crazy Bill did most of the hardwork, I'll pass that along.
Judge Roy Snyder
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

Holy crap, that's great stuff!
Dieter Zimmerman
[[Faceless Minion of the Dark Master]]
Cthulhuoid
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Cthulhuoid »

You honor & humble us great Dieter! Thank you!
Judge Roy Snyder
Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Pesky »

Cthulhuoid wrote:Hail Fellow Dungeoneers!Come down to Kalamazoo to play the new DCC Free RPG day module on Free RPG day - 1PM EST - at the community room of the D&W
Cool videos, Chthulhuoid! I authored this year's Free RPG Day DCC module, so I'd love to hear how your session goes. Goodman Games has posted pregens here, if that is helpful. I hope you and your group have a great time!
Terry Olson
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Pesky,

I had a chance to look over the FRPG adventure (as part of a final formatting check), and I enjoyed it very much. Thumbs up, man!
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Cthulhuoid
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Cthulhuoid »

Thanks for the praise Pesky!

I look forward to giving a great session report!

I already have cardstock death certificates to hand to my potential victims.. er players. :twisted:

I will have some pictures to share, hopefully.
Judge Roy Snyder
Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Pesky »

Raven_Crowking wrote:Pesky,

I had a chance to look over the FRPG adventure (as part of a final formatting check), and I enjoyed it very much. Thumbs up, man!
Thanks Raven! I appreciate it! I'll tuck that compliment away as a pick-me-up for the next time I feel like I'm churning out junk... :D
Terry Olson
Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Pesky »

Cthulhuoid wrote:I look forward to giving a great session report!

I already have cardstock death certificates to hand to my potential victims.. er players. :twisted:

I will have some pictures to share, hopefully.
Sounds great! Thanks!
Terry Olson
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Pesky wrote:
Raven_Crowking wrote:Pesky,

Thanks Raven! I appreciate it! I'll tuck that compliment away as a pick-me-up for the next time I feel like I'm churning out junk... :D
I've had players so freaked out early on that they fled the area.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Pesky »

Raven_Crowking wrote:I've had players so freaked out early on that they fled the area.
Nice! :twisted:
Terry Olson
Cthulhuoid
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Cthulhuoid »

UPDATE!

There will be prizes!

For the first 6 registered players, there will be prizes, and one roll off grand prize!

ALL HAIL THE DARK MASTER!

that is all.

:twisted: Judge Luukas the Madd :twisted:
Judge Roy Snyder
Cthulhuoid
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Cthulhuoid »

We had a great event session here in Kalamazoo on Free RPG Day, playing the new module – Elzemon and the Blood Drinking Box!

Run by Judge Luukas the Madd, we had several skilled old school players – who sincerely brought their game. Despite the Judge’s best efforts, he was not able to kill any of the PC’s – having coming close to a TPK once, and almost killing several PC’s on multiple occasions – only to be saved by miracle and somehow fortuitous corruption rolls.

We played with the provided pre-gens, and a few of the great hi-lights (it’s a shame it wasn’t all recorded) of the module (spoiler free):

The cleric never once received deity disapproval, AND had at least 8 natural 20’s, one of which was beseeching aid directly from Amun Tor! Immediately of which; required impromptu sidebar role playing on behalf of the deity. Being the god of mysteries, and riddles – he didn’t come right out and say the solution to the issue, without some challenges to present of his own to get the answers.

The wizard was able to cast sleep with such a high result, with lightning fast initiative to utterly stop the first encounter; however after that fumbled 4 spells - one of which including spellburning all his stats in a critical moment – only to have the only benign, and beneficial results occur on misfire and corruption tables (including being able to see infravision at 100’) – which happened to occur while being surrounded by monsters who couldn’t seem to hit him, even with a 3 agility.

The thief rolled a natural 20 to detect the first trap, preventing what would have surely been a death, even though several characters almost died trying to traversing said trap.

El Hongo made an appearance or at least the illusion thereof via Elzemon to one PC who was driven insane in the middle of the night, which required 3 dice of healing on the cleric’s part to cure.

Everyone was happy with their swag, and the winner of the grand prize was Ethan L.

Next month’s Kalamazoo DCC 2014 World Tour Event will be the Tower Out of Time – keep a look out here and on the forum for the time & place!
Judge Roy Snyder
Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Pesky »

Cthulhuoid wrote:We had a great event session here in Kalamazoo on Free RPG Day, playing the new module – Elzemon and the Blood Drinking Box!
Cool! Thanks for the report, Cthulhuoid! Your impromptu role-playing of Amun Tor sounds epic :D
Cthulhuoid wrote:Everyone was happy with their swag, and the winner of the grand prize was Ethan L.
What was the grand prize?
Terry Olson
Cthulhuoid
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Cthulhuoid »

Pesky wrote:
Cthulhuoid wrote:We had a great event session here in Kalamazoo on Free RPG Day, playing the new module – Elzemon and the Blood Drinking Box!
Cool! Thanks for the report, Cthulhuoid! Your impromptu role-playing of Amun Tor sounds epic :D

No prob, thanks for such a great module, it was a blast!
Cthulhuoid wrote:Everyone was happy with their swag, and the winner of the grand prize was Ethan L.
What was the grand prize?
I split up the swag pack for 6 players, giving the grand prize as the zero level sheet and another button - I would have put the gongfarmer sticker in there as well, but there wasn't one in my pack. Everyone was stoked, as it's all stuff you cant get anywhere - and we had some fellow big fans of DCC in the game - so it went down really well to have swag AND play the best RPG out there!

A thousand thanks to Joe for sending the pack early so I could provide it to my crew & last year's road crew modules, I will run those next!
Judge Roy Snyder

Return to “DCC RPG Community”