DCC in Cincinnati on March 22nd

This forum is for finding other players, announcing games, sharing actual game play reports, organizing online games, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

DM Marcus
Wild-Eyed Zealot

DCC in Cincinnati on March 22nd

Post by DM Marcus »

CincyCon is a gaming convention in Cincinnati OH that seems to be growing a little every year. I attended last year, but there was no DCC game to join. So this year, I will be running a funnel adventure.

If you live close enough to join us for a Sat evening DCC game, follow the link to learn more about CincyCon.

http://www.cincycon.org/admission.html

Click on the events link for Sat role playing games and you'll find the info.

This funnel adventure will be one that you are unfamiliar with but it has been run with fun and raucous results at our local game store. Come join your fellow townsfolk as they explore the mysterious tunnel uncovered when Nebin Pendlebrook (local halfling barber) tried to enlarge his underground pantry. What lies in the darkness beneath will change the lives of those who venture forward in ways that they could never imagine, providing they live to tell the tale!
Last edited by DM Marcus on Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: Gateway Games & More

Re: DCC in Cincinnati on March 22nd

Post by Rick »

Michael Curtis was a guest last year & ran several DCC events. I posted about it here.

Best of luck w/ the funnel. I'm bound for Gary Con just a few days later or I'd join in.
DM Marcus
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by DM Marcus »

Sorry I missed that. I would have loved to have played!
michaelcurtis
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by michaelcurtis »

I really wanted to go back again this year, but the turn-around time to Gary Con made it impossible. Depending on scheduling next year, I'll try to make it back for cheese coneys.
Scrivener of strange tales, part-time madman, and odd word aficionado.
DM Marcus
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by DM Marcus »

Ran a full table through a funnel with three who had played before and three who had never even played an RPG before. We had a blast and I was really impressed with how the newcomers jumped into the fray with their crazy ideas and schemes.

I think my favorite thing to do is to judge this game for new players. It's fun to watch them light up when they realize this isn't Monopoly and they can do anything they can imagine.

Return to “DCC RPG Community”