Austin area DCC RPG???

This forum is for finding other players, announcing games, sharing actual game play reports, organizing online games, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

fuel
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Austin area DCC RPG???

Post by fuel »

I was wondering if there was a group playing DCC RPG in the Austin, San Marcos, New Braunfels area that would welcome another player? I could also go to the Victoria area.

I probably couldn't become a regular, but I would love to play. I currently DM for my stepson, his buddy, and a few friends. I would love to actually play the game with some folks.
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Austin area DCC RPG???

Post by ragboy »

Where are you at in Austin? I'm in RR. There's a few Austinites on the boards.
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by smathis »

Are you in Austin?

I'm in a group here locally that plays (infrequently). Sometimes we play DCC RPG. I'm also writing Transylvanian Adventures (a "Hammer Horror" supplement for DCC RPG which will be released at some point), so there's the opportunity we could do that as well.

I'd be willing to do a meet and greet if you're up for it. This week is a little crazy for me (prepping a TATG adventure for publication). But next week or the week after could work.
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by smathis »

ragboy wrote:Where are you at in Austin? I'm in RR. There's a few Austinites on the boards.
I think ragboy has his own group. But he's part of the "list" that comprises where we cull together groups for our games as well.

So, yeah, DCC RPG is all up in the Austin area.
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

Totally down with a meet and drink... or rather greet and drink...

For a drink.
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
fuel
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by fuel »

A meet and greet is a great idea! I work a ton and I don't think I get off work until sometime next month. I know I probably jumped the gun on posting about this, but I usually have to plan stuff well in advance in order to get off work. It's a good problem to have nowadays, but it does get tiring.

I have a buddy that might be interested in going too. Especially, if there is beer and food. Lol.
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by smathis »

fuel wrote:A meet and greet is a great idea! I work a ton and I don't think I get off work until sometime next month. I know I probably jumped the gun on posting about this, but I usually have to plan stuff well in advance in order to get off work. It's a good problem to have nowadays, but it does get tiring.

I have a buddy that might be interested in going too. Especially, if there is beer and food. Lol.
Sounds good. PM me when you get your schedule worked out. We'll meet/greet and figure out a good time for a game of DCC.
ccy
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by ccy »

I'm an OG just South of Austin and flipping out on DCC. It's like Gonzo Ars Magica.

I'm into playing it. I'm also into running it out of the old "Wilderlands" setting.

I'm too new to these boards to PM anyone, but if you live between, say, Round Rock and San Antone, I'll work with ya. Yeah, I'm that into it... 8'D
Ykoal
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Ykoal »

I am in south Austin and looking for more opportunities to play DCC either as a player or Judge. I fell in love with the system when a local friend took a group of us through Portal Under the Stars late last year; since then I have had the chance to play a few more times, but not much locally.

I'd love to meet up with like-minded folks currently playing or trying to start something up!
AKA Marc Bruner
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

Looks like there's a game this week: https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c5lo ... p3ywsXr3gE
AKA Paul Wolfe
My Gamer Profile
thogard
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by thogard »

ragboy wrote:Looks like there's a game this week: https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c5lo ... p3ywsXr3gE
Dang, I wish I had seen this last week. [grumble]Stupid full-time job interfering with real life....[/grumble]
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

thogard wrote:
ragboy wrote:Looks like there's a game this week: https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c5lo ... p3ywsXr3gE
Dang, I wish I had seen this last week. [grumble]Stupid full-time job interfering with real life....[/grumble]

Well... there's another one on the 17th: https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c2he ... 4dnahr3SfA
AKA Paul Wolfe
My Gamer Profile

Return to “DCC RPG Community”