New gamers are THE best

This forum is for finding other players, announcing games, sharing actual game play reports, organizing online games, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Disemvowel
Far-Sighted Wanderer

New gamers are THE best

Post by Disemvowel »

The party is in a village investigating why the flow of trade dried up and why no representatives were sent to the Allthing in the Fall. As they investigate, they slowly begin to unravel a deeper plot, yet cannot pinpoint who is on which side. But there is a mysterious stranger in town, holed up in a cabin by the lake.
The Ranger (Warrior) and the Thief, in a bid to obtain information from this stranger, build a simple drop-loop snare on the porch, then proceed to light the rear of the cabin on fire. I am not the kind of DM who derails plans just because, so the snare goes off and they race to the victim, who is dangling tip toes on the porch trying to reach its hunting knife.
The Thief kicks the hand against the wall, pinning it as they hear the sounds of alarm from behind them. The Ranger drapes an old cloak around the figure and pushes it into the cabin while the Thief cuts the snare. Now they are trapped by alarmed locals and a fire. The Ranger scoops up the hostage and leaps into and then through the burning wall and into the lake, Thief following. They float/swim down stream a bit and now posses an elf who bears a missive from the Hersir of the village to investigate dark times.
They were pretty damned proud of themselves, and I was not about to intrude upon that.
Relaxo
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: New gamers are THE best

Post by Relaxo »

New party member! :lol:
Karaptis
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: New gamers are THE best

Post by Karaptis »

Sounds like my crew. I remember them going down slaughtering the village in Cult of the Reptile God because one of the party was outraged that the NPC was charging 5gp a file which then set events into motion. The guy charging was part of the hypnotized cult.

Return to “DCC RPG Community”