DCC Podcast

This forum is for finding other players, announcing games, sharing actual game play reports, organizing online games, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Mel White
Gongfarmer

DCC Podcast

Post by Mel White »

Hi,
I've posted some excerpts of a recent DCC game at my podcast, Virtual Play. The episode focuses on the character creation funnel, with excerpts from points in play where player characters were eliminated. In our adventure, out of twelve starting characters and one replacement character, three survived to walk out of the dungeon under their own power. A fourth was revived from death by a magical potion. Not too shabby!
modemaus
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: DCC Podcast

Post by modemaus »

Hey Mel, this was super awesome! I hope you post some more DCC games - I'm in preparation to run some games and I've been looking all over for something like this! Seems like you've got some great players there with the right attitudes about their dying PCs and also the right smarts to keep low-levels alive. Thanks for this!
VengerSatanis
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by VengerSatanis »

Listening to it now. Good stuff. Definitely a strange vibe going on in this session. Sounds like everyone had a blast even though the game wasn't taken super serious.

The greater individual XP based on the greater number of PC deaths was an interesting observation... did the game creators intend for that?

VS
Michael Blake
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Michael Blake »

Hi Mel. Thanks for posting, this was a blast to listen to. I'll be sending your podcast link to my friends who are on the fence about trying DCC RPG.

It sounds like the character who killed himself with a critical miss while using his sling may have been done in by using the wrong die. Zero-level characters typically roll 1d4 for critical hits and critical misses. The fumble die is determined using Table 3-3 on page 72.

Your great GM style and the players' fun attitudes make for awesome RPG sessions that are almost as much fun to listen to as they are to play.

The sound quality and production value of your podcast is polished and a pleasure to listen to as well. You recorded everyone's discussion and the dice rolls clearly. What recording setup did you use to capture this?

I have been looking for sample play sessions like this for DCC RPG ever since discovering the awesome videos that are out there for D&D, sponsored by WOTC and DM'd by Chris Perkins. Sessions like:
The fun and humor that you and your friends bring to the session are up there with any of these. Kudos to you. I'll watch for future DCC RPG posts from you.

Return to “DCC RPG Community”