Online Game with roll20.net

This forum is for finding other players, announcing games, sharing actual game play reports, organizing online games, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Online Game with roll20.net

Post by ragboy »

Okay... forget maptools.

“Into the Bloody Veil” is a DCC RPG online adventure for 3rd level characters.
The Game
The game is hosted on roll20.net every other Sunday at 11 am Central Time, beginning 9/30. Each session lasts about three hours. I’m hosting a “Pre-session” on Sunday 9/23 @ 11 am to get everyone into the interface and ensure everyone is familiar with how it works. This one will be about an hour.

Various out-of-character communication, session coordination, and other administrivia are stored at http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=52734&date=1346868970.
Be sure to hit the Session Sign-up forum to ensure that you have a spot for the week’s session. Note that I am only allowing 6 players in per session. I’m new to running games in a virtual setting, so I want to make sure I’m “giving good game.”

Character Creation
Use the standard Character Creation rules for the DCC RPG. You can use Purple Sorcerer's 0-level character creator or do it on your own.
  • Each player starts with 1 3rd Level character.
  • Use the standard funnel process (create 4 0-level Characters)
  • Arrange the characters in a line
  • Roll a 1d4
  • That character is dead.
  • Roll a 1d3
  • Roll a 1d2
  • Level up the remaining character to Level 3.
The DM provides the following traits to your character:
  • A cultural origin for all human characters
  • A god
  • Some possible background goodies
Last edited by ragboy on Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Online Game with roll20.net

Post by GnomeBoy »

Interested -- will have to check dates and times as we get closer...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Pesky »

Hey ragboy, you may have seen these already, but just in case you haven't I've posted a macro for creating characters in roll20 here, and a sample roll20 character sheet/template here. I have other sheets for other classes if you'd like me to add them to that thread. All of this is easily do-able on your own, but I posted it in case it saves people time.
Terry Olson
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

Pesky wrote:Hey ragboy, you may have seen these already, but just in case you haven't I've posted a macro for creating characters in roll20 here, and a sample roll20 character sheet/template here. I have other sheets for other classes if you'd like me to add them to that thread. All of this is easily do-able on your own, but I posted it in case it saves people time.
I did see that. Haven't had time to play with them. If you have any others, throw them up somewhere. I can use all the help I can get.
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Pesky »

ragboy wrote:I did see that. Haven't had time to play with them. If you have any others, throw them up somewhere. I can use all the help I can get.
Just added them to the character sheet/template thread here. Hope they help.
Terry Olson
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

ragboy wrote:I’m hosting a “Pre-session” on Sunday 9/22 @ 11 am
Sunday is the 23rd -- should I assume it's Sunday? 8)
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

GnomeBoy wrote: Sunday is the 23rd -- should I assume it's Sunday? 8)
Gah. Fixed.
AKA Paul Wolfe
My Gamer Profile
boringduoduo
Gongfarmer

Post by boringduoduo »

Recently I found a fantastic game named MiniBattle which is an online game that integrates the advantages of “Angry Birds” “Haypi Dragon” and“DDTank”.

MiniBattle is a free-to-play, iOS game. For MiniBattle players, the most interesting thing is nothing better than fortifying equipment to promote attribute and power. Fight with or against your friends in this fantastic game on your iPad.
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

Anyone want to jump on roll20.net tonight?
AKA Paul Wolfe
My Gamer Profile

Return to “DCC RPG Community”