World Tour, Kalamazoo, MI

This forum is for finding other players, announcing games, sharing actual game play reports, organizing online games, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

ragnboneshopper
Gongfarmer

World Tour, Kalamazoo, MI

Post by ragnboneshopper »

This is my first post here at the forums, but I've been digging on DCC for a little over a year now. It is now my system of choice, and I had a chance to run a World Tour game back on October 20, with another session planned this Sunday, November 24, and a third tentatively scheduled for December 15. All three games will be at Fanfare Sports and Entertainment in Kalamazoo, Michigan (always looking for more players!)

Session 1 was a blast. We spent about 45 minutes rolling up characters, and I had plenty of pre-gens from Purple Sorcerer of course. I had decided to use DCC 35A, Halls of the Minotaur, but instead of setting it in Aereth, I have placed the module in a modified version of the Hyperborea setting from the Atonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea (a match made in heaven, IMO). To throw in a twist, a had the PCs transported to the top of the keep in random spots about the courtyard of the Minotaur's hall. One minute they were in town going about their usual business, and the next they knew, adventure had found them!

Everyone had a blast. Some folks came and went, but I had 9 players total, the most I've ever run at one time. But DCC is perfect for that. Everything went smooth as a bell.

A couple highlights:

Three players rolled "conceived on horseback" for their character's lucky rolls, which everyone thought was quite hilarious and subsequently turned into a running gag.

One player turned himself into a beastman by going through the portal into the hall, which I had modified to randomly turn anyone going through it into one of the bestial types found in the module. :twisted: He stuck his head in first, noticed the change that was occurring, and was like, "Hey, why not go all the way?" With a successful personality check, the character remained clinging to his former identity and gained some beastly powers in the bargain, but ended up slain soon after.

Another player had a 0-level with a chicken, which is not significant, but in combat he decided to throw the chicken as an attack, asking if it would "do anything." I said, "Sure, if you roll a 20, I'll let you roll on the crit table." And, yes, he rolled a 20! I suddenly had to figure out what to make of his crit roll, which indicated a broken kneecap +1d4 damage. So I decided the beastman got a very upset chicken in the face, raking and pecking the poor surprised brute to within a hit point of his death. This was a total hit, of course. :mrgreen:

Anyway, here's a picture of a few of us:
2013-10-20 16.50.19.jpg
2013-10-20 16.50.19.jpg (204.13 KiB) Viewed 3399 times
DM Dad and proud DCC RPG Judge

Return to “DCC RPG Community”