Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: online game on inferno.net
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:01 am 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

I an looking for players to play the Sailor on the Sunless Sea adventure. I plan to run the games on a weekday night starting at 8 pm GMT

Post subject: Re: online game on inferno.net
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:56 pm 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

I'm signed up for this game and it will be AWESOME. I encourage more of you to sign up!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:21 am 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

8pm GMT this Thursday if any one is interested

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:29 pm 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Any progress with this? I badly want to play.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:32 am 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

I'm a bit busy in real life for the next few weeks so I hope to get another game together in July but I need more players!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:41 am 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

I might be able to get us a few players myself. Some from the groups I already play with might be interested.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:56 am 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Sorry, I'm not terribly hip to computers, what is inferno.net? The website comes up 401 in my browser.

If it's anything like Skype teleconference I might be willing to try.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:48 pm 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Infrno is an online virtual tabletop that enables you to play RPG games online in real-time. It includes built-in voice chat and video functions but I recommend using Skype for the voice chat.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:43 am 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

I am free to run a game between the the 10 and the · 12th of July on infrno.net if any one is interested

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:35 pm 

Is there still room for more merry peasants? I just registered here to ask for if there's any spots left :mrgreen: .

I do not have that much experience with roleplaying games, I only tried D&D 4th edition so far which I think is great fun, but when I recently came over dungeon crawl classics RPG I really got sucked in! It looks like an awesome system to experience what "old school" roleplaying games feels like.

Comming from D&D4E with all its focus on system mastery and tactics I think it will be a relief to set the munchkin in myself aside and let "let the dice roll where they may" , wave the hour-long combats goodbye and welcome the increased amount of time left for exploring/roleplaying.

The magic system also seem particulary interesting, it would be a shame if we couldn't get to expereince any of the crazy magic effects or all the Mighty deeds of Arms people could come up with, but just the "funnel"-experience itself is enough to make me interested - roaming around with a merry band of lvl 0 peasants should prove an hilarous methode of character creation.

I also have zero experience with bumping into and playing with people over the interwebs, I wonder if it could be a bit strange as I'm only used to gaming with a small cirlce of close friends - but I'm a quick learner and cross my fingers for that it wouldn't get too awkward! :wink: .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 pm 
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Arikabeth wrote:
Is there still room for more merry peasants? I just registered here to ask for if there's any spots left :mrgreen:

Welcome aboard Arikabeth! Someone find this player a place at the virtual table. ;)

>>Nebin Pendlebrook's Perilous Pantry is now available!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:49 pm 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

I took a closer look at infrno.net and I was impressed. I'd like to try it out. Count me in.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:39 am 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

I will post a link to the infrno.net registration page later on to day then it will be first come first served

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:20 am 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Go to http://www.infrno.net/games/2537-dcc-rp ... l-of-death to register for this game its at 8pm London UK time (GMT+1) on the 11th of July

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:36 am 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

two of the five registered players haven't bothered to send me pre roll characters so if there is any last minute interest i could probably find a place or two for any on interested. , The game starts in three and a half hours......

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:00 am 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Is it possible to lurk and watch?

RoM pbp:
Hamun Ry (Wiz 4)
Str 10 Agi 15 (+1) Sta 11 Per 11 Int 17 (+2) Luc 10 (Unholy House). Align: C. AC: 14. HP: 13. Melee +1, Ranged +2. Crit: d8, I. Save: Ref +5, Fort +3, Will +4.
Spells: 1: Choking Cloud, Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic (odd crystal growths), Magic Missile (mirror images), Runic Alphabet (Mortal) (ravenously hungry), Ventriloquism (rain of frogs)
2: Detect Invisible, Levitate (extremely difficult, d14), Mirror Image (20% chance to raise/lower luck by 1d3 points).
Equip: Ring of the Sand Djinn: +2 AC/saves, Invisibility for 1min/spellburn point, or unmake for great, unknown effect. Padded Armor, Longsword, Longbow, quiver w/20 steel-tipped arrows, 10 silver-tipped arrows, backpack, spellbook, quill and ink, sturdy parchment (10 sheets), 5 days rations, high leather boots, belt w/ belt pouch, gray robe, dark gray hooded cloak. Also carries 3 small mechanical toys: wind-up mouse, wooden puzzle cube, small jewelry box that plays a little tune.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:05 am 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

sure you wouldn't rather play? don't be shy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:07 am 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

I'm at work. Need to do work things. :P

But I would like to take a peek here and there while I do some research.

RoM pbp:
Hamun Ry (Wiz 4)
Str 10 Agi 15 (+1) Sta 11 Per 11 Int 17 (+2) Luc 10 (Unholy House). Align: C. AC: 14. HP: 13. Melee +1, Ranged +2. Crit: d8, I. Save: Ref +5, Fort +3, Will +4.
Spells: 1: Choking Cloud, Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic (odd crystal growths), Magic Missile (mirror images), Runic Alphabet (Mortal) (ravenously hungry), Ventriloquism (rain of frogs)
2: Detect Invisible, Levitate (extremely difficult, d14), Mirror Image (20% chance to raise/lower luck by 1d3 points).
Equip: Ring of the Sand Djinn: +2 AC/saves, Invisibility for 1min/spellburn point, or unmake for great, unknown effect. Padded Armor, Longsword, Longbow, quiver w/20 steel-tipped arrows, 10 silver-tipped arrows, backpack, spellbook, quill and ink, sturdy parchment (10 sheets), 5 days rations, high leather boots, belt w/ belt pouch, gray robe, dark gray hooded cloak. Also carries 3 small mechanical toys: wind-up mouse, wooden puzzle cube, small jewelry box that plays a little tune.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:19 am 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

you need to be registered on the site and I need to turn on the spectators option so yes you can watch

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:01 pm 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

a short brutal tpk was had by all. More victims required

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:15 pm 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

I was spectating for the first bit. Sorry, I would have joined had it not been for the many distractions provided by my kids.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:06 pm 
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Is this still going to happen? I think I may sign up just for some DCC action!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:47 am 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Yes the elders of the village are planing to send another search party to find out what happened to the first party........there is still a space spare if any wants to have go. I am about consult the current players as to when the next session will be and will post details of the next session here

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:26 am 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

I had to drop off a bunch to work, but my connection was also kinda choppy... didn't get to see how the moving of minis worked out. Seemed to be a good group of dudes though, crazy germans and poor norwegian guy! Mercilessly massacred by the limey!

RoM pbp:
Hamun Ry (Wiz 4)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:58 am 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Yes it was a very international game. One of the great joys of gaming on the net is playing with people of different backgrounds and nationalities. None of my fellow europeans had played anything other than 4e or pathfinder and the Norwegian guy had never been in a TPk before. I didn't realise that there was two spectators though!