Strategicon Gamex May 2012!

This forum is for finding other players, announcing games, sharing actual game play reports, organizing online games, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

reverenddak

Strategicon Gamex May 2012!

Post by reverenddak »

I just looked at the event calendar, not a single DCC RPG game. I'm tempted to run a couple. I haven't been to Strategicon since Living Greyhawk. (I did notice that Living Forgotten Realms is still going strong, didn't notice any Pathfinder Society.)

Returning sparked my interest because someone asked me if I was going to have Crawl! for sale there. I didn't plan to, but I never even thought about it until now. It's kind of a good idea. Is there going to be any DCC RPG presence there at all?

Would a DCC RPG demo table, or even a DCC RPG 3PP booth be a viable thing? I'd volunteer, but no way could I afford to front such a project.

What do others in Southern California think?
Last edited by reverenddak on Tue May 15, 2012 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Strategicon May 2012?

Post by goodmangames »

If I were still in SoCal I would definitely go there, but it's NorCal now! I was at Strategicon last year...let's see, I believe it was the Gamex show I attended. It was a fun show and I had a fun group for the game I ran. Definitely run a game if you get a chance!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

goodmangames wrote:If I were still in SoCal I would definitely go there, but it's NorCal now!
Bringing DCC RPG to the world, one county at a time... 8)
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

goodmangames wrote:If I were still in SoCal I would definitely go there, but it's NorCal now! I was at Strategicon last year...let's see, I believe it was the Gamex show I attended. It was a fun show and I had a fun group for the game I ran. Definitely run a game if you get a chance!
Did you move to Santa Clara?! Is you mailing address different now?

I'm still considering running a couple games at Strategicon. If so, I'll plug any 3PP that'll send me materials (one-sheets, etc.) and of course my zine.

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
reverenddak

Re: Strategicon Gamex May 2012!

Post by reverenddak »

OK! I'm doing it.

I'll be running two 0-level games at Strategicon's Gamex 2012, Memorial Weekend, in Los Angeles if anyone wants to play. I'll be running The Portal Under The Stars on Friday night and Sailors On The Starless Sea Saturday night. I'll also have copies of Crawl! No.1 on hand. If you're going to be there please join the game, or say Hi!

My games start at 8PM each night, I'll probably running around the exhibitor or open-gaming halls all day before that. If I had a DCC RPG T-shirt I'd wear it. If anyone wants to coordinate a meet-up during the day, here's a good place to do it, or PM/email me: [rev d.t dak @t straycouches d.t com] I might be found at the bar on occassion.

http://www.strategicon.net/index.php

My schedule:

Friday May 25, 8PM
DCC RPG: The Portal Under The Stars

Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG
Introductory 0-level adventure. An introduction to DCC RPG, 0-level character creation and short adventure. All materials provided.
Seeking wealth and escape from their peasant lives, the characters investigate a supernatural portal that appears only once every half-century when the stars are right.
Return to the glory days of fantasy with the Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game. Adventure as 1974 intended you to, with modern rules grounded in the origins of sword & sorcery. Fast play, cryptic secrets, and a mysterious past awaits.
7 players
Ages 13+

Saturday May 26, 8PM
DCC RPG: Sailors On The Starless Sea

Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG
Introductory 0-level adventures. An introduction to DCC RPG, 0-level character creation and short adventure. All materials provided.
Beastmen howl in the night and your fellow villagers are snatched from their beds. With no heroes to defend you, who will rise to stand against the encircling darkness? The secrets of Chaos are yours to unearth, but at what cost to sanity or soul?
Return to the glory days of fantasy with the Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game. Adventure as 1974 intended you to, with modern rules grounded in the origins of sword & sorcery. Fast play, cryptic secrets, and a mysterious past awaits.
7 players
Ages 13+

Return to “DCC RPG Community”