Weird idea

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

jeff
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Weird idea

Post by jeff »

I had a weird idea for a funnel. The 0 levels are a group on a pilgrimage to a shrine and when they get there they discover that the shrine has been overrun by strange fungus creatures that they have to defeat in order that the shrine can be reconsecrated. What do you guys think?
aesdana
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Weird idea

Post by aesdana »

jeff wrote:I had a weird idea for a funnel. The 0 levels are a group on a pilgrimage to a shrine and when they get there they discover that the shrine has been overrun by strange fungus creatures that they have to defeat in order that the shrine can be reconsecrated. What do you guys think?
All ideas are great : that's what you make out of them that makes the difference, I would say.
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

That's a good idea for a funnel adventure, but I don't see what's weird in it.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
DM Marcus
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by DM Marcus »

The shrine is a series of tunnels... Once you enter the labrynth, the airborn spores enter your body and over the course of a few hours, the players suffer effects similar to corruption. Maybe every character rolls on an effect table at the end of every encounter (6 or 7 potential encounters adventure). The adventurers don't die, they only turn into more of the strange aborations. When the party becomes the monsters, a new funnel group enters to try their luck. With each failed attempt at a delve, the end game becomes more difficult to attain. At some point, 0 levels can no longer succeed. Send in a level one party to clean up the mess! They fail? Level 2... And so on...
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

DM Marcus wrote:The shrine is a series of tunnels... Once you enter the labrynth, the airborn spores enter your body and over the course of a few hours, the players suffer effects similar to corruption. Maybe every character rolls on an effect table at the end of every encounter (6 or 7 potential encounters adventure). The adventurers don't die, they only turn into more of the strange aborations. When the party becomes the monsters, a new funnel group enters to try their luck. With each failed attempt at a delve, the end game becomes more difficult to attain. At some point, 0 levels can no longer succeed. Send in a level one party to clean up the mess! They fail? Level 2... And so on...
I'd play that. Write it! :)
Dieter Zimmerman
[[Faceless Minion of the Dark Master]]
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

DM Marcus wrote:The shrine is a series of tunnels... Once you enter the labrynth, the airborn spores enter your body and over the course of a few hours, the players suffer effects similar to corruption. Maybe every character rolls on an effect table at the end of every encounter (6 or 7 potential encounters adventure). The adventurers don't die, they only turn into more of the strange aborations. When the party becomes the monsters, a new funnel group enters to try their luck. With each failed attempt at a delve, the end game becomes more difficult to attain. At some point, 0 levels can no longer succeed. Send in a level one party to clean up the mess! They fail? Level 2... And so on...
I see, now this certainly would make it more interesting. It would also make it even more fun if you ran this adventure for multiple groups.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.

Return to “Judges' Forum”