NPCs: Konrad and Yasner

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

lukash
Far-Sighted Wanderer

NPCs: Konrad and Yasner

Post by lukash »

Hi,

I've come up with two NPCs to help move the PCs from Sailors on the Starless Sea to Frozen in Time. After the dragon ship shoots out of the cave into the wilderness, I'm going to have the ship smash against the rocky banks. The PCs will be knocked out. When they awaken, the PCs who grabbed the chaos robes will be bound and the others will be resting comfortably around a campfire. This is when they will meet Konrad and Yasner.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nks ... sp=sharing

While the PCs are knocked out, Konrad will destroy the necklace of skulls painted with chaotic runes one of the PCs grabbed, and Yasner will study the treasure map which points to the adventure location for Frozen in Time. The two will ask the unbound PCs who they are and why some of them wear robes with chaotic symbols. That should be fun. Konrad will ask about the recent earthquake and the giant dust cloud hanging in the air. If the PCs are honest with him, he will build a monument to commemorate their victory (his magic flail compels him). Yasner is from a village not too far from the adventure location, so he will give the PCs excellent directions and advice for finding provisions along the way (fresh water, ample game, etc). He will try to do so without speaking, of course.

Hope they can be of use to you. Note: I know I messed up Konrad's feet. I was watching football and not paying attention to the picture.
22 Start / 3 Dead / 6 Wounded / Portal Under the Stars
12 Start / 3 Dead / 0 Wounded / Sailors on the Starless Sea (not finished)

Return to “Judges' Forum”