Need a Chaotic (but good) patron/god/faction

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

maxinstuff
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Need a Chaotic (but good) patron/god/faction

Post by maxinstuff »

Like the title says - I want to blur the lines.

I need a chaotic patron who will be the deity for a fairly widespread faction of do-gooders.

Before I re-invent the wheel, anyone have one already??

If not I will have to make one up - and based on what I have read here, the task will thin my hair.
cjfodel
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Need a Chaotic (but good) patron/god/faction

Post by cjfodel »

You should find a 3rd party product at RPGnow, that might have one that will fit what you want. It is named " Angels, Daemons, and Beings inbetween ". If not, you still get mor patrons. The supplement is worth the money.

Charles
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

maxinstuff wrote:Like the title says - I want to blur the lines.

I need a chaotic patron who will be the deity for a fairly widespread faction of do-gooders.

Before I re-invent the wheel, anyone have one already??

If not I will have to make one up - and based on what I have read here, the task will thin my hair.
I would say don't let it thin your hair. Start simple and expand as needed. I always start with the "non-crunchy" bits in game -- like having the characters encounter adherents to some god/patron (not necessarily a combat situation). If the characters bite, then I take the next step and add a bit of crunch (patron bond specifics, tenets, etc).
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
maxinstuff
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by maxinstuff »

Thanks for the tip on Angels, Daemons and Beings Between.

It is $6 right now on drivethru rpg. I just couldn't go past that for 12 patrons.

I'm certain I will be able to adjust one of those to what I am after :)

Return to “Judges' Forum”