Funnel Adventure: Bar Brawl

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Troll_Mage
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Funnel Adventure: Bar Brawl

Post by Troll_Mage »

Hi Guys,

Want to share a draft small funnel adventure that I'm considering submitting to Crawl, but wanted to see if I missed anything a judge feels I should add.

My intent was to create a one-page adventure, but kept finding that I needed to include more details and some mechanics to run it smoothly, so now it's about 2 pages. It does need a floor plan of the bar, but considering how many tavern/inn floor plans are out there already... but I will see if I can come up with something appropriate.

The premises is pretty simple, the characters are in a packed bar enjoying some form of illicit entertainment when the law storms end. They intend to arrest everyone, so the character's can either pay a fine (which they can't at 0 level) or serve time at the local lord's quarry. So all hell breaks loose as all the bar’s patrons run for the exits and the law advances smashing heads. Of course the bar is so packed with patrons (half are drunk) and lots of obstacles that prevent a quick escape.

Bar Brawl: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10E_ ... sp=sharing

Of course the follow-on 1st level adventure would be the party of hardened 1st levels would go and try to rescue their captured and now enslaved neighbors and friends from the lord's quarry.
Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: Gateway Games & More

Re: Funnel Adventure: Bar Brawl

Post by Rick »

Troll_Mage wrote:Of course the bar is so packed with patrons (half are drunk)
♪♫ "Ish... <hic>... ish not eashy bein' greeeen..." ♪♫

"Go home, Bobugbubilz, you're drunk."

:wink:
Relaxo
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Relaxo »

That's awesome!
I'll DL and check it out.

Thanks!
themightyeroc
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by themightyeroc »

Wow! Looks great, I am thinking this might serve as the Zero level intro for my campaign when I move it to the City State. Instead of the quarry they will serve as rowers on a war galley for the Overlords navy!!

I will post here when I use it to let you know how it went. This could also serve as my Bar Room Brawls rules no matter what level the PC. hmmmmm....
Ah well, who wants to live forever? DIE!
worldoferoc.blogspot.com

Return to “Judges' Forum”