Barrowmaze conversion notes

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Barrowmaze conversion notes

Post by ragboy »

Started keeping track of these over here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17d1 ... 2qa3A/edit

So far, I have some spells and magic items (quick and dirty format) and a "Unique Undead Creator" system I'm playing with. Barrowmaze seems the best place to try this out...
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
Gansk
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Barrowmaze conversion notes

Post by Gansk »

Awesome! Please keep it up!
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

Added some spells, and Nergal as a minor patron (room 43 is where I'm looking to put Patron Bond).

Also added a spreadsheet of converted monsters here: http://goo.gl/6WDc4

Some of the monsters I compressed into one monster.. like the floating giant head/torso/arm that has been "be-ghouled" instead of the three normal ghouls in room 38.

Anyway.
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
dark cauliflower
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by dark cauliflower »

yeah, thanks for this. If I ever get barrowmaze, it'll be useful. Now we need to get the BMaze guy to do a DCC version!
Dark Cauliflower

--from deep night comes the cruciferiouz king!
nstr
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by nstr »

This is great. I planned to place Barrowmaze in my new campaign. I haven't had a chance to fiddle with conversion yet.
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

We run it off and on at home when I run out of self-developed stuff (or other Goodman or 3rd party stuff). It's a really good "plop it down in the wilderness and go" module.

It's also easy to cut it up and use it as several different dungeons. Good product overall. I just got Barrowmaze II, but haven't looked at it yet.
AKA Paul Wolfe
My Gamer Profile
Brutorz Bill
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Brutorz Bill »

This is really useful! Please continue posting your conversions.
Rostranor
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Rostranor »

I was working on converting barrowmaze using Ragboys stuff as a starting point. One session down and things are going good. I picked up AD&D Dungeoneer Survival Guide off of eBay for short money. I was giddy flipping through it thinking of what Ican do to the PCs. I love this game!

Return to “Judges' Forum”