NPC Activities

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

jonky
Ill-Fated Peasant

NPC Activities

Post by jonky »

Sometimes being creative on the spot is difficult, so it I put together a table of 100 things NPC's could be actively involved in when the PC's come upon them.
For example: the PC's kick open the front door to a bandit hideout, catching them in the act of shaving a goat and eating its hair. You could just say that they are lounging about, but that's not very interesting.
I also included another table on 100 specific bodily features that can be helpful in distinguishing one dude from another.
I didn't originally plan on sharing this, but here it is if anyone's interested...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/131236865/Two-NPC-Tables
Skyscraper
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Re: NPC Activities

Post by Skyscraper »

This is truly excellent.
Maledict Brothbreath, level 4 warrior, STR 16 (+2) AGI 7 (-1) STA 12 PER 9 INT 10 LUCK 15 (+1), AC: 16 Refl: +1 Fort: +2 Will: +1; lawful; Armor of the Lion and Lily's Blade.

Brother Sufferus, level 4 cleric, STR 13 (+1) AGI 15 (+1) STA 11 PER 13 (+1) INT 10 LUCK 9, AC: 11 (13 if wounded, 15 if down to half hit points), Refl: +3 Fort: +2 Will: +3, chaotic, Robe of the Faith, Scourge of the Maimed One, Darts of Pain.
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

AWESOME.

I really need to put together a personal book of tables. This would go right in it.
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
oncelor
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by oncelor »

Very nice. Thanks.
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by smathis »

Well done. Thanks.

Return to “Judges' Forum”