Creating a new thread on this after discussion in another...
Hey -- I have a Tablesmith generator that I built that you may want to see....or anyone -- PM me if you want it.
I do a "short hand" for any non-critical settlement that basically generates the settlement (village, town, or city) and give me an outline of the settlement in html format. Each size of settlement has a different percentage to have anything other than the basics -- so for instance, there's a 1% chance of a military installation in a village, but higher chance in a town and city, etc. Same with Equipment/Weapons/Armor/Commodities, Henchmen and Hirelings, etc.
- Settlement name
- Settlement Leader's name and if he has any rumors
- Wealth and Security factor (which I'm not really using yet)
- Marketplace -- Food, Rumors, Recruits, Henchmen (NPCs), Equipment/Weapons/Armor available, Commodities (crazy table), Medical Services (not using yet) and Special Equipment (not using yet)
- Lodging -- Name, Rumors, Cost, Hirelings, Henchmen,
- Military -- Commander+Rumors, Security/Wealth, Alignment (Regional, Religious, etc), Garrison size, and then services (much like the greater town), Henchmen and Hirelings,
- Guild -- Much like the larger town -- Guild Official+Rumors, Services, Recruits/Henchmen
- Temple(s) - High Priest+Rumors, Followers, Ceremonies, Priests, size, etc (based on Wilderlands generator)
May be useful, maybe not -- it's been useful for me and I'm happy to share. The scripts for Tablesmith are super easy to modify for your own campaign.
Here's a page with sample output: http://mysticbull.pbworks.com/w/page/59865507/towngen
AKA Paul WolfeThe Mystic Bull:
Our new publishing website. Have a submission? PM me.In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer
: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!The God-Seed Awakens
: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal! My Gamer Profile