Tablesmith Settlement Generator

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Tablesmith Settlement Generator

Post by ragboy »

Creating a new thread on this after discussion in another...

Hey -- I have a Tablesmith generator that I built that you may want to see....or anyone -- PM me if you want it.

I do a "short hand" for any non-critical settlement that basically generates the settlement (village, town, or city) and give me an outline of the settlement in html format. Each size of settlement has a different percentage to have anything other than the basics -- so for instance, there's a 1% chance of a military installation in a village, but higher chance in a town and city, etc. Same with Equipment/Weapons/Armor/Commodities, Henchmen and Hirelings, etc.
  • Settlement name
  • Settlement Leader's name and if he has any rumors
  • Population
  • Wealth and Security factor (which I'm not really using yet)
  • Marketplace -- Food, Rumors, Recruits, Henchmen (NPCs), Equipment/Weapons/Armor available, Commodities (crazy table), Medical Services (not using yet) and Special Equipment (not using yet)
  • Lodging -- Name, Rumors, Cost, Hirelings, Henchmen,
  • Military -- Commander+Rumors, Security/Wealth, Alignment (Regional, Religious, etc), Garrison size, and then services (much like the greater town), Henchmen and Hirelings,
  • Guild -- Much like the larger town -- Guild Official+Rumors, Services, Recruits/Henchmen
  • Temple(s) - High Priest+Rumors, Followers, Ceremonies, Priests, size, etc (based on Wilderlands generator)
May be useful, maybe not -- it's been useful for me and I'm happy to share. The scripts for Tablesmith are super easy to modify for your own campaign.

Here's a page with sample output: http://mysticbull.pbworks.com/w/page/59865507/towngen
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
Eyeball360
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Tablesmith Settlement Generator

Post by Eyeball360 »

That's nice!
cthulhudarren
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Tablesmith Settlement Generator

Post by cthulhudarren »

Nice! I'm a developer, can you tell me what technology was involved? Unfortunately I am on the C# SQL server side and don't have a lot of experience with Web programming.

Return to “Judges' Forum”