The city of Ys

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Quode
Ill-Fated Peasant

The city of Ys

Post by Quode »

I have decided to start this thread to support my campaign. Ever since i cracked the box open a read the blue book I have been enslaved by the game. I create and run my own campaigns (but of course steal to my heart’s content). Having found DCC I am in love again and glad to move away from the D&D X.XX and back in to the Old School fun. I have chosen DCC as it spoke to me of the magic, depth and darkness found in many of the "N" books. I’m drawn to the Lovecraft style dungeon crawl where things man is not meant to know wait in some cyclopean vault, tearing away the veil of sanity in dark experiments beyond the keen of man.

The game takes place in my version of Ys, drawn partially from The Traveler in Black series. A golden city bent on destruction, a city that exists outside of time and space.

One thing i will add is a more 3D dungeon. I’m not a fan of the many flat dungeons I see. Using the Mage Knight Dungeon tiles (perfect scale as each is 2" on a side) plus some 2" and 1" blocks I will be able to have rooms with doors high on a wall, or cavern rooms with various exits. I will get some picts of play put up when I can.

I have reads through the rules at least three times and looked closely at the modules to get a feel for adventure design and concept. This is not a real hack and slash only game, its well nuanced in to the culture it supports and I love that about it.

Good Journeys to you.

Ken
sheriffharry
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: The city of Ys

Post by sheriffharry »

Cool!
We can always use more campaign ideas/session write ups.

Return to “Judges' Forum”