Looking for playtesters for a "high" level adventure..

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

sheriffharry
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Looking for playtesters for a "high" level adventure..

Post by sheriffharry »

I'm looking for a couple of DCC RPG groups willing to playtest a "higher level" adventure, that is eventually going to become a submission to the CRAWL! fanzine (or maybe submitted for publication elsewhere).

The adventure, called "The Tainted Forest of Thorum", was originally written for AD&D but was completely converted to DCC RPG rules. Since the module is for characters of level 7-9 and uses many spells/magic items/monsters not described in the current rules, that conversion was often an "exercise in style", so it needs to be playtested. I suppose the whole thing can be played in 1 long or 2 shorter role-playing sessions. The adventure is fairly detailed right now (8000 words, 3 maps), but will surely be edited before any "official" publication.

Since we are talking "high-level", you will need 3 to 6 DCC characters of level 7 to 9 (maybe more, maybe less, establishing that is one of the playtesting goal). I doubt anybody has such characters from play, so I suggest the judge and players use the DCC Upper Level Party Generator (and maybe think of contributing to the Crawler's Companion Kickstarter project):
http://purplesorcerer.com/create_upper.htm

Also, since I'm french-Canadian and English is my second language, for 25+ years though, the whole thing needs some proofreading.

So, if you feel you might contribute to this project send me your E-MAIL address via a private message on the forum and I'll get back to you asap.

Thanks in advance!

sheriffharry
Yves Larochelle
Last edited by sheriffharry on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
l1wolf
Ill-Fated Peasant

Re: Looking for playtesters for a "high" level adventure..

Post by l1wolf »

I am currently interested but I am unable to send private messages.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

l1wolf wrote:I am currently interested but I am unable to send private messages.
You are at 2 posts at the moment and should be able to PM when you hit three, so post another one here and you should be golden. :wink:
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
sheriffharry
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by sheriffharry »

shameless bump..

Still looking for proofreaders/playtesters (see first post for details).
Anybody wants to take a look at "The Tainted Forest near Thorum" and learn about the Black Root of Abysmal Domination?

PM me.

Return to “Judges' Forum”