Stringing adventures brainstorm ~jferngler stay out~

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Playwithbob
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Stringing adventures brainstorm ~jferngler stay out~

Post by Playwithbob »

Greetings,

Mostly brain storming here but I am thinking about stringing the following together to form the initial adventures in my upcoming campaign.

I'm thinking of starting with The portal under the stars for the funnel. The hint of the dryad tree should lead the party to seek out Teoman, a hedge wizard that is rumored to live in the next valley over. Surly he will know where dryad of the east lives. However Teoman is missing and is in need of rescue. (Chronicle of the Fiend pt 1.)

Teoman, if saved does know the location of a dryad. One watches over the serpent hill near the village of Hirot. (Doom of the Savage Kings)

This should give the players plenty of villagers to restock the adventuring party with as they claw their way up to level 1 or 2. It will also introduce at least 2 potential patrons.

From there I'm undecided. The players will still need to find a "spark of living fire" to find the other half of the Rod of Rulership. And of course, part 2 and 3 of Cronicles can be visited.

Anyway, again, just brainstorming. Suggestions and players near or in N. California, welcome.

Bob
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: Stringing adventures brainstorm ~jferngler stay out~

Post by tovokas »

He means it ferngler! (Sorry, for some reason that just made me laugh...)

That sounds like a good string to me. (Doom of the Savage Kings is fun one!)

And I like how you're thinking in terms of good sources for replacements of beginning characters. Before DCC RPG I'd never considered such a thing. :)
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
caveman
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Stringing adventures brainstorm ~jferngler stay out~

Post by caveman »

There is a Dryad to be rescued (and maybe betrayed) in DCC#10 The Sunless Garden. I've been stringing them together as well and that was a nice find.

Return to “Judges' Forum”