The Old World

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Galadrin
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

The Old World

Post by Galadrin »

Using DCC for the Warhammer Old World - great idea or terrible idea? I've been considering setting my game in the Border Princes, probably starting with Doom. DCC seems to have all the grit and gore, and the Warhammer world is also loaded with dangerous magic and uncaring deities. The character funnel is also very reminiscent of hapless Warhammer peasants. Old school WRFP also blended sci-fi and fantasy (I always suspected Sigmar was a Space Marine) which should be well supported by DCC. Whadya think?
Karaptis
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: The Old World

Post by Karaptis »

Hmmm.. How do I incorperate Blood Bowl into DCC? Now look what you started!!!
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Definitely good idea. I would keep level 0 a bit longer maybe, half the charm of WFRP is starting with grave diggers, rat catchers and other commoners, and staying in this career for a while.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

I think that the Warhammer "Old World" has some definite Appendix N feel to it, so I think it should work fine for DCC.

My son is a big Warhammer Fantasy fan (mostly the minis rather than the RPG), so if you develop any cool rules I'd like to see what you come up with by posting it here. (Particularly dealing with Dark Elves. He loves those.) 8)
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
Karaptis
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Karaptis »

Hmmm up the casualty rates on the injury table and make the teams all 0 levels and whoever survives becomes 1st level. A blood Bowl match as a funnel, this may work!

Return to “Judges' Forum”