Murder Hobo, your time is now...

Forum for discussing DCC RPG characters, classes, and character-related subjects.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Murder Hobo, your time is now...

Post by GnomeBoy »

Forum-ites!

You do not want to miss the Murder Hobo character class...

http://appendixm.blogspot.com/2015/04/murder-hobo.html

Ramble on.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Clangador
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Murder Hobo, your time is now...

Post by Clangador »

And April Fools!
~Clangador

I'm not a wizard but I play one in DCC...

Join the DCC RPG Rocks Facebook group.
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Yes.

My April Fools thing for the blog is/has become to take a silly idea ("make a kobold write up!") and then take the concept seriously and make something useful out of it... :wink:
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

This class would be fun to play in a one shot drinking game. I could see a whole party of murder hobos being turned loose on The Jewels of the Carnifax. Can you imagine the negotiations between a Godess and a group of murder hobos?
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

I'm working on a one-shot type game for a con in February that'll feature the entire party as Murder Hobos.

If that pans out well, I'm thinking I'll publish the adventure in zine format.

DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

8) I hope to see it in print.
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
Woodland Mutant
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Mayhem Games, Des Moines, IA

Post by Woodland Mutant »

In all honesty I love this. I can see one of the peasants who survive a funnel adventure just happen to become a Murder Hobo. The guy mentioned running an entire party of Murder Hobos made me laugh. I'd love to hear how something that cool turns out!
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Woodland Mutant wrote:...The guy mentioned running an entire party of Murder Hobos made me laugh. I'd love to hear how something that cool turns out!
I will be re-visiting the concept. I ran an adventure with all Murder Hobos, but it turned out there were issues with some folks not realizing they could interact with the world on their own, without me indicating what they should do, so the session was underwhelming (e.g., there was a fellow confronted with both a talking cat and what was basically a kidnapping right in front of him in the same scene, and he did nothing in particular, so those became dead-ends).

Based on that session, and other things I've bumped into in public gaming over the last few years, it seems like expectations have shifted to some players needing the GM to tell them what they should be doing, whereas I'm more used to the other extreme (when there is an extreme), where the players are throwing out so many ideas and actions I can't keep up. I'm going to start my public games with a little preamble from now on, pointing out that I'm not going to run anyone's character for them and just ask them to roll dice.... :wink:

thomasbuckley

Post by thomasbuckley »

That session would be fun to play in a one shot drinking amusement. I might see an unabridged crowd of homicide mendicants being turned free on The Jewels of the Carnifax. I can see one of the workers who survive a channel experience simply happen to wind up noticeably a Murder Hobo.

Return to “Characters”