roll20 VTT Zero-Lvl Character Macro

Forum for discussing DCC RPG characters, classes, and character-related subjects.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

roll20 VTT Zero-Lvl Character Macro

Post by Pesky »

Here is a macro I threw together for the roll20 VTT. This will allow a player to instantly generate all of the rolls necessary to create a character on-screen so that the judge and other players can see them. The results of the rolls are saved in the chat log in case there are any *ahem* "transcription errors" when the character sheet is filled out :)

This, without question, is vastly inferior to the Purple Sorcerer Character Generator from Jon Marr, however it can be used online real-time with no wondering how many times your player used Jon's generator before he/she sent you the pdf :)

Hopefully this saves someone a little bit of time...

/me Rolling Zero-Lvl Character
/roll 3d6 for STR
/roll 3d6 for AGI
/roll 3d6 for STA
/roll 3d6 for PRS
/roll 3d6 for INT
/roll 3d6 for LCK
/roll 1d30 for LuckyRoll
/roll 1d4 for HP
/roll 5d12 for CP
/roll 1d24 for MiscEquip
/roll 1d100 for Occupation

Note that earler I posted a simple character "sheet" template for roll20 here.
Terry Olson
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: roll20 VTT Zero-Lvl Character Macro

Post by beermotor »

I'm guilty of using the Purple Sorcerer thing a whole bunch. But, even if you were to get some great statistical outlier character, you're not going to get 4 of them, heh. I mostly kept rolling to get an interesting mix of characters / backgrounds / lucky rolls.

So while some might frown on it, I'm not sure that it's such a huge deal. Plus, it really doesn't matter, "in the long run we're all dead."

;-)
Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Pesky »

beermotor wrote:So while some might frown on it, I'm not sure that it's such a huge deal. Plus, it really doesn't matter, "in the long run we're all dead."

;-)
True enough...true enough. There's a large amount "smack talk" at my game (we've all known each other for years), so I was trying to find a way to make sure the smack-talking could continue during character generation :lol:
Terry Olson
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

Cool stuff, it's always good to have options on how to do these things!

And I agree that offering 3-5 character sheets to choose from is a kindness that the brutality of the funnel more than compensates for... but I've had visitors to the party generator roll up over a hundred sheets in one sitting. Some players are very determined. :)
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com

Return to “Characters”