Druid or Shaman

Forum for discussing DCC RPG characters, classes, and character-related subjects.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Druid or Shaman

Post by MrHemlocks »

Anyone have a working Druid or Shaman class for DCC? These two classes are great and different enough to both work as a character classes in any group's adventure.
Stretch
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Druid or Shaman

Post by Stretch »

I'm not so sure that they really need to be codified as a class. A cleric worshipping a nature god or a tribal god could probably provide everything you would need as a class. Just work up your spells that the god gives. Maybe allow a few bonuses to skills that the God would grant in addition to spells and there is your class.
-Stretch
If you survive a crucible you grow the stronger for it. - Arrow.
Zenitii
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Zenitii »

I agree with the druid as a cleric statement. Indeed it is even suggested somewhere in the DCC rulebook. Adjusting some spells should be sufficient.
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Quick and dirty druid: take the cleric, add Animal Summoning to the spell list, remove whatever you don't like, change Turn Unholy's name to Influence Animals. I customize every cleric a bit for my campaign.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Ravenheart87 wrote:Quick and dirty druid: take the cleric, add Animal Summoning to the spell list, remove whatever you don't like, change Turn Unholy's name to Influence Animals. I customize every cleric a bit for my campaign.
And add Find Familiar.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
oncelor
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by oncelor »

In January we introduced a druid into our campaign. We've been playing him like a cleric but have customized several spells. I've enclosed our version of "heat metal" below. (We've got a 1st level "Control Elements" spell, but I can't seem to find the text of that at the moment.) We're currently working on a "Control Animal" spell for next week's session.

Heat Metal (Druid)

Level: 2
Range: 30' or more
Duration: Variable
Casting Time: 1 action
Save: Will vs. spell check DC
General: Metal object/equipment of one or more creatures becomes hot. Any damage dealt underwater is halved. Any armor or weapon affected deals full damage to the target (though the target may elect to drop a weapon to avoid damage). Other items affected, such as rings or amulets, deal only 1-2 points of damage to the targets. The spell affects all items on a creature but only the maximum type of damage obtains. Targets may shed their armor to avoid damage: this requires 4 rounds for medium armor, 10 rounds for heavy armor; this time may be halved if the target has at least one assistant.
Manifestation: The metal objects glow with a crimson aura.

1-13: Failure
14-15: One target within 30' for 3 rounds takes 1d6 per round.
16-19: Two targets within 30' for 3 rounds take 1d6 per round.
20-21: Four targets within 30' for 3 rounds take 1d6 per round.
22-25: Six targets within 30' for 5 rounds take 1d6 per round.
26-29: Eight targets within 30' for 7 rounds take 1d6 per round.
30-31: Ten targets within 60' for 7 rounds take 1d8 per round.
32-33: Twenty targets within 60' for 7 rounds take 1d10 per round. Non-magical items are rendered unusably damaged at the end of the spell's duration.
34+: One hundred targets within 100' for 1 day take 1d6 per round. Alternately, one target within 100' takes 10d6 immediately and the affected item is rendered unusably damaged. (10d2 damage if item affected is non-armor or weapon.)

Return to “Characters”