I am getting back into RPGs after being away for a long, long time, and put together this zero-level character sheet to use with my friends.DCC RPG 0-Level Character Sheet - Complete
The intent of this character sheet is to provide a complete and uncluttered basic character sheet for DCC RPG newcomers to use to create zero-level characters.
Some design goals:
1. Recreate the unstructured free form feel of using blue lined binder paper for your character sheet.
2. Provide a place to track each piece of information that might be needed by a zero-level character.
3. Omit items that are not used by zero-level characters, such as class and level based combat modifiers.
4. Be verbose, so new players have an opportunity to see and become familiar with the complete name of each item. Don't use contractions, newcomers might not be familiar with them. For example, use the full name "Agility Modifier" instead of "Agi Mod".
5. Do not use a tiny font. And provide plenty of room for the player to write their stats, so they don't feel cramped and have to write in a tiny font.
6. Fit all the core zero-level information on one page.
7. Group the information logically, in a way that encourages the new player to see how the different items are related, and how they relate to the gameplay.
If you see any errors or zero-level character items I missed let me know.
I am also putting together a zero-level character creation guide to be used with this character sheet. And I am thinking of making a version of this character sheet to use for classes first level and up.