Transdimensional Bag

Discussion of all things magical for DCC RPG -- "Let the Phlogiston take you where it will..."

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Transdimensional Bag

Post by Ravenheart87 »

I started to convert some traditional D&D magic items for DCC RPG. And by conversion, I mean changing them drastically. This is my version of the classic Bag of Holding.

Transdimensional Bag: While it looks like a plain sack, this bag’s mouth opens to a badly lit pocket dimension, where faceless hooded attendants keep a variety of items from different owners on their shelves and racks. The bag’s owner can put an item into the bag for a piece of gold. He will get a ticket with the items number on it. Next time he can take out the item by returning the ticket to the transdimensional attendants. Storing something in the bag can be done in a round, but due to the large amount of items stored there it takes one turn for the attendants to find something. It is possible to buy priority tickets, which will return an item in a single round, but it has a higher, and usually non-monetary cost. The pocket dimension is protected by magical barrier so living creatures will find it impossible to enter. Even if someone manages to bypass this protective spell, there is no breathable air in the storage - the atmosphere is filled with a gas which keeps items in the condition they were put in.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
Buttmonkey
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Transdimensional Bag

Post by Buttmonkey »

Snazzy write-up. :D
Weisenwolf
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Re: Transdimensional Bag

Post by Weisenwolf »

I like the idea of something like Nakor's bag in the Feist novels, it's a gate which in this case leads to the storage bin in an Orange grove, an endless supply of Oranges :D

The other end of the gate could be under the characters bed back home; could even make the 'Gate' a spell effect with better results allowing for more utilty etc.

Return to “Magic and Spells”