wands

Discussion of all things magical for DCC RPG -- "Let the Phlogiston take you where it will..."

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

catseye yellow
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

wands

Post by catseye yellow »

hey guys how do you play things out with wands? i just allowed non-wizard character to use wand of magic missiles.
Gameogre
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Re: wands

Post by Gameogre »

To be honest I let anyone attempt to use a wand IF they know the command word and think they have the stones to bend magic to their will.

I just can never get anyone else to give it a shot after the last guy tried it and turned inside out and then blew up showering the rest of the party with small bloody pc shrapnel. Well,he did roll a one and mispronounced Caphokinhamqeun.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

If the wand requires a spell check, non-Wizards and non-Elves roll 1d10.

Some wands, though, might just give a bonus to spell checks. Or do something else entirely.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Skyscraper
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Skyscraper »

Raven_Crowking wrote:
Some wands, though, (...) do something else entirely.
Yeah I have such a wand, it sheds light if I press the button.
Maledict Brothbreath, level 4 warrior, STR 16 (+2) AGI 7 (-1) STA 12 PER 9 INT 10 LUCK 15 (+1), AC: 16 Refl: +1 Fort: +2 Will: +1; lawful; Armor of the Lion and Lily's Blade.

Brother Sufferus, level 4 cleric, STR 13 (+1) AGI 15 (+1) STA 11 PER 13 (+1) INT 10 LUCK 9, AC: 11 (13 if wounded, 15 if down to half hit points), Refl: +3 Fort: +2 Will: +3, chaotic, Robe of the Faith, Scourge of the Maimed One, Darts of Pain.
cjoepar
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by cjoepar »

Case by case basis, but the one I allowed a non-spellcaster to use, he has to roll a d10 and suffers minor corruption if he rolls a 1.

Return to “Magic and Spells”