pocket dimensions

Discussion of all things magical for DCC RPG -- "Let the Phlogiston take you where it will..."

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

ccy
Far-Sighted Wanderer

pocket dimensions

Post by ccy »

I posted a bunch of alternate pocket dimensions in my intro post (the wrong place probably). Here they are in a more appropriate forum:
  • The Rim: you are hurtling at an indescribable speed around the edge of a howling, impenetrable darkness, the skin on your face pulling with the force - and you're drawing nearer to the event horizon with each orbit.
    Shadow land: the shadows cast the reflections, not the other way around.
    The sea of holes, or Holey Sea.
    Flatland: a 2 dimensional space, moving through time. You have only length and area - not volume. A line that points at you is invisible.
    The inside of an ENORMOUS sphere; every minute or so you fall through the empty center, oscillating like a weight on a spring.
    The void: It's dark. You don't even know what you're standing on - when you bend down to touch the ground, there's nothing there.
    The miniverse: you're floating in space, and you're about twice the size of that planet 20 paces thataway.
    Planck's Indiscretion: the empty space between all matter is exaggerated to the point where all that can be observed are quanta connected across emptiness, you being one such quanta.
    The Apocalypse: the sun dominates half the sky, the heat is unbearable, the noise of the storm is deafening, the grass is catching fire.
    The Meta: you are on an immense flat surface. There are impassive mountain-sized titans observing you from over the horizon. In fact, there are exactly as many of these colossi as are at this gaming table, right now...
I know the Pocket Dimension doesn't come up often, but as an exercise in, um, something... fun, maybe... feel free to post some more.

:"D
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: pocket dimensions

Post by Skars »

Sokoban! I have the conversion to dcc almost done :P
ccy
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by ccy »

Skars wrote:Sokoban! I have the conversion to dcc almost done :P
LOL!

How about a pure nethack pocket dimension? Like a "flatland" variant, but everyone's a character - LITERALLY.
Tortog
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Tortog »

^^That sounds awesome!^^

If Liber Arcanum ever sees the light of day, I wrote up a Rite (7th lvl spell equivalent) that involves a minimum of 7 wizards to cast who can design and create a Pocket Reality. The spell table starts at 24 and tops out at 48+. The spell goes beyond what was possible in older versions of this kind of spell from other systems. :wink:

This version allows a lot of latitude for designing the interior spaces and how they connect to the rest of reality; it even allows for the creation of new races, and for tortured physics. :mrgreen:
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

ccy wrote:
Skars wrote:Sokoban! I have the conversion to dcc almost done :P
LOL!

How about a pure nethack pocket dimension? Like a "flatland" variant, but everyone's a character - LITERALLY.
I hope you saw my first set of nethack flavored house rules for DCC in Crawl #7 :P (Roguelike Fountains)

Return to “Magic and Spells”