Read Magic - Wizard version

Discussion of all things magical for DCC RPG -- "Let the Phlogiston take you where it will..."

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

brogan_a
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Read Magic - Wizard version

Post by brogan_a »

Can a wizard actually lose Detect Magic if they roll bad on the casting? The spell is listed only in the Cleric section, so I am not sure, thanks!

- AB
Last edited by brogan_a on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
IronWolf
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Re: Read Magic - Wizard version

Post by IronWolf »

brogan_a wrote:Can a wizard actually lose Read Magic if they roll bad on the casting? The spell is listed only in the Cleric section, so I am not sure, thanks!
It looks like it is in the Wizards's section to me, pp 152. Yes, if the wizard fails their spell check they can lose Read Magic for the day. It is not gone permanently, they just can't try to cast it again that day.
brogan_a
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by brogan_a »

IronWolf wrote:
brogan_a wrote:Can a wizard actually lose Read Magic if they roll bad on the casting? The spell is listed only in the Cleric section, so I am not sure, thanks!
It looks like it is in the Wizards's section to me, pp 152. Yes, if the wizard fails their spell check they can lose Read Magic for the day. It is not gone permanently, they just can't try to cast it again that day.

Sorry it was supposed to say Detect Magic. :oops:
Gameogre
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Gameogre »

Thereby leading at least one DCC game to include a Wizard crying and wailing "I never learned to read!" just like Adam Sandler in 50 first dates.

Return to “Magic and Spells”