Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:52 am 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Recently introduced this into my D&D 3.5 campaign, but should fit nicely into a DCC game. I revised it slightly so it would be more applicable to the DCC system.

Ring of the Toad Spirit
Forged in a long ago age, the ring of the toad spirits, is the result of just grabbing any olde toad from any pond. As it happens, it was pure bad luck for the crafter in this case, grabbing the toad with a trapped spirit of a demon.

When activated the base benefits are: +5 chaos magic bonus Jump, Balance, and Tumble skill checks, +1 chaos magic bonus to initiative, +1 chaos magic bonus to dexterity. An odd side-effect of daily wear is the constant craving for flies, the fatter and juicer the better...mmh yum.

When “activating” the user rolls 1d20 and consults the table below; with the following modifiers, neutral characters apply a -1 to their roll and lawful characters apply a -2 to their rolls.

Base Activation: On a 2 - 20 the base powers are activated and last for 1d4 rounds. On a result of 1 or lower, the toad spirit croaks, roll a 1d20 again and consult the chart below.

Die Roll Result
1 The wearer is transformed into a weretoad for one hour, there is a 01% you become stuck as a toad after 1d4 hours. Make a will save DC 13 or hop away hunting for flies. A powerful dispel magic or arcane dispel spell may be able to break the effect.
2-3 The wearer is transformed into a tiny weretoad for a 1d4 minutes, ravenously hungry for flies. Make a will save DC 13 or hop away hunting for flies.
4-17 The skill bonus is increased to +6
18-19 The skill bonus is increased to +8
20 The skill bonus is increased to +10, the initiative bonus is +2, and gain +5 to movement for 1d4 hours.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:17 am 
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

I like this magic item...thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:27 am 
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

I like it. Thanks for sharing!