merging games like DCC Crawljammer and Umerica questions

For DCC RPG rules discussion. Includes rules questions and ideas, new rules suggestions, homebrews and hacks, conversions to other systems, and everything else rules-related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Rob the hopeful gm
Gongfarmer
FLGS: muse comics

merging games like DCC Crawljammer and Umerica questions

Post by Rob the hopeful gm »

Hello,
I just bought DCC, Crawjammer and Umerica and I wanted to combine them into something along the lines of Mad Max and Firefly had a baby and it knew magic.
So, first, is this the right place to post questions about combining these 3 together? If not, where?
I am pretty sure I am not reinventing the wheel with this so does anyone have anything they can share about how they did this?
I am sure I will have many more questions as I delve into this but I wasn't sure if this was even the correct place to start.
Thanks in advance,
Rob
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: merging games like DCC Crawljammer and Umerica questions

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Toronto Crawl Classics opens the door wide. Maybe I can help.

What questions do you have?
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Rob the hopeful gm
Gongfarmer
FLGS: muse comics

Post by Rob the hopeful gm »

I am trying to get a handle on the best way to incorporate some of the classes and spells from DCC into Umerica without really unbalancing the classes in Umerica. The space portion is easier but I was looking at some of the weapons and spells in DCC and comparing them to Umerica and I am not sure how to balance it.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Can you provide a specific example?
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.

Return to “Rules discussion”