Movement and actions included as part of a move action

For DCC RPG rules discussion. Includes rules questions and ideas, new rules suggestions, homebrews and hacks, conversions to other systems, and everything else rules-related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

edooner
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Gamers World

Movement and actions included as part of a move action

Post by edooner »

In Chapter Four, Combat, the Action section states, "Each round, a character or monster may move its normal speed and do one thing for each of its action dice."

Later in the section the action "Draw or sheathe a weapon" is listed as taking 1 action, but the footnote says it can be included as part of a move action.

My question is, what is a move action? I understand the standard D&D 3.5 concept of a move action, but does this apply to DCC RPG? From the start of the section, it seems like DCC RPG adheres to a similar "movement _and_ action" system as D&D 5e, rather than the "move action and standard action" of D&D 3.5.

In that case, "included as part of a move action" to me would me, if you use your action die to take another movement, you can include the drawing or sheathing action. But if we're understanding it like D&D 3.5, then it can be done as part of movement.

I've been ruling it like the latter and it seems that taking a whole round to draw a weapon is a big deal.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Movement and actions included as part of a move action

Post by GnomeBoy »

DCC is built on the SRD (the essence of D&D 3.5).

When you are moving you can draw a weapon (and those other things with the asterisk) as part of the action of moving.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Jim Skach
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: Movement and actions included as part of a move action

Post by Jim Skach »

what's cooler/more fun?

Yeah...do that.

Return to “Rules discussion”