Confused About Halfling Two-handed Attacks

For DCC RPG rules discussion. Includes rules questions and ideas, new rules suggestions, homebrews and hacks, conversions to other systems, and everything else rules-related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

mant72
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Joe's Garage Comics and Games

Confused About Halfling Two-handed Attacks

Post by mant72 »

Hi,

I'm a little confused about how halfling two-handed attacks and Agility scores work.

The rules state:

"A halfling scores a crit and automatic hit on any roll of a natural 16, but if the halfling has an Agility score higher than 16, he instead uses the normal two-weapon fighting rules for his Agility."

I might be completely off here, but wouldn't this actually penalize a character with a higher Agility score?

Going by the normal two-weapon fighting rules for Agility, a halfling with an Agility higher than 16 would only be able to score one crit (on their primary hand die) and lose the automatic hit.

Does the crit and automatic hit rule on roll of a natural 16 in the off hand still apply for those characters with a higher Agility than 16?

Sorry if my question is confusing, and thanks to any who respond!
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: Confused About Halfling Two-handed Attacks

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Separate bullet points.

I would suggest that this is intended to indicate that a halfling with an 18 Agility rolls 1d20 and 1d16, and that the weapons need not be roughly equal size if the halfling has a 17-18 Agility.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Yeah, what Raven said...

The things like "only fumbles if both dice come up a 1" and other bullet points still apply, even if the Halfling has a 17 or 18 Agility.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
mant72
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Joe's Garage Comics and Games

Post by mant72 »

Thanks, guys! I figured I was being too literal.

Return to “Rules discussion”