Thrown weapons & Strength modifiers

For DCC RPG rules discussion. Includes rules questions and ideas, new rules suggestions, homebrews and hacks, conversions to other systems, and everything else rules-related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

BanjoJohn
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: there are a few but I dont really consider any of them as my main flgs

Thrown weapons & Strength modifiers

Post by BanjoJohn » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:44 pm

So, the double asterisk on range brackets for thrown weapons says strength modifier applies to damage on the closest ranged bracket only. What if there is a negative modifier for strength? Would this technically mean ranged attacks deal more damage at a middle and long distance with thrown weapons because of the negative strength not applying? Or is there something about a negative modifier to damage based on range I am missing?

Also, could a halfling throw two weapons using the two weapon fighting rule for the class?

GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Thrown weapons & Strength modifiers

Post by GnomeBoy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:13 am

Technically, yes, it applies. Low Strength? You do less damage in things where Strength matters...

Hmm. Why not let Halflings throw two daggers (or other light items) per round? I guess it just has to be a light weapon in the "second" hand, so I suppose they could throw a spear and and dagger, for example.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com