Newbie Questions About Actions

For DCC RPG rules discussion. Includes rules questions and ideas, new rules suggestions, homebrews and hacks, conversions to other systems, and everything else rules-related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

gashlycrumb
Ill-Fated Peasant

Newbie Questions About Actions

Post by gashlycrumb »

Hello, I want to make sure that I understand how Actions work in DCC as RAW (page 77 and 78).

If a 0-level character has one Action Die of 1d20, and if the character drinks a potion, does that take two actions and two rounds? One action to uncork the potion during round one (page 78 Activities) and one action to drink the potion during round two (page 78 Activities).

If a Vine Horror monster has 2d20 Action Dice and a Movement of 20', can the Vine Horror move 20', attack once and then move another 20' OR move 40' and attack once OR attack once and move 40' ?

Thanks!
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Newbie Questions About Actions

Post by GnomeBoy »

gashlycrumb wrote:If a 0-level character has one Action Die of 1d20, and if the character drinks a potion, does that take two actions and two rounds? One action to uncork the potion during round one (page 78 Activities) and one action to drink the potion during round two (page 78 Activities).
That'd be a pretty extreme interpretation, I think. A round is 10 seconds by RAW, and I'd say a person could pull a cork and chug a drink in that time.

gashlycrumb wrote:If a Vine Horror monster has 2d20 Action Dice and a Movement of 20', can the Vine Horror move 20', attack once and then move another 20' OR move 40' and attack once OR attack once and move 40' ?
Yes. OR Move 60'. OR attack twice and Move 20'. Or attack once, Move 20' and attack again. Etc.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Weisenwolf
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Weisenwolf »

GnomeBoy wrote:
gashlycrumb wrote:If a 0-level character has one Action Die of 1d20, and if the character drinks a potion, does that take two actions and two rounds? One action to uncork the potion during round one (page 78 Activities) and one action to drink the potion during round two (page 78 Activities).
That'd be a pretty extreme interpretation, I think. A round is 10 seconds by RAW, and I'd say a person could pull a cork and chug a drink in that time.

gashlycrumb wrote:If a Vine Horror monster has 2d20 Action Dice and a Movement of 20', can the Vine Horror move 20', attack once and then move another 20' OR move 40' and attack once OR attack once and move 40' ?
Yes. OR Move 60'. OR attack twice and Move 20'. Or attack once, Move 20' and attack again. Etc.
+1

If the potion is in a backpack or whatever it may take a round to get it out.
gashlycrumb
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by gashlycrumb »

Great, thanks for the help!
Weisenwolf
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Weisenwolf »

You should also note that when a PC does a double move (A 'move' action) they can also draw/sheath a weapon, equip or drop a shield or open a door as part of that movement (i.e. for free)

Return to “Rules discussion”