Newbie Question concerning Spellcasting

For DCC RPG rules discussion. Includes rules questions and ideas, new rules suggestions, homebrews and hacks, conversions to other systems, and everything else rules-related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Onkl
Ill-Fated Peasant

Newbie Question concerning Spellcasting

Post by Onkl »

Hi guys

As you will undoubtedly figure from my question, I am a newbie to DCC.

How many spells does a Level 1 Wizard get to write in his spellbook and how many times can he cast these known spells in what period.

How many spells does a Level 1 Cleric get to write in his spellbook and how many times can he cast these known spells in what period.

Cheers!

Onkl
Onkl
Ill-Fated Peasant

Re: Newbie Question concerning Spellcasting

Post by Onkl »

Ok, I finally found the rule in the book. As a Wizard / Elf you get the spell as long as you do not receive a "Lost" result - then you must rest a day (or dawn/dusk - depending on your kind of magic) to get the spell again. There are no spell slots, or mana points or anything like that... and I very much love this!

Cheers
Weisenwolf
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Weisenwolf »

Yes 3+ the patron spells for the Elf and 4 for the Wizard and if one of those is a patron spell he gets the other patron spell too. In both cases Intelligence modifies this.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Weisenwolf wrote:Yes 3+ the patron spells for the Elf and 4 for the Wizard and if one of those is a patron spell he gets the other patron spell too. In both cases Intelligence modifies this.
Just to be clear, for the sake of newbie-ness: When Weisenwolf says "patron spells", that's specifically Invoke Patron and Patron Bond — not whatever spells a Patron may have on offer. 8)
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Weisenwolf
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Weisenwolf »

GnomeBoy wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:Yes 3+ the patron spells for the Elf and 4 for the Wizard and if one of those is a patron spell he gets the other patron spell too. In both cases Intelligence modifies this.
Just to be clear, for the sake of newbie-ness: When Weisenwolf says "patron spells", that's specifically Invoke Patron and Patron Bond — not whatever spells a Patron may have on offer. 8)
Ah yes, good point, well made :wink:

Return to “Rules discussion”