Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:47 pm 
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Hello All,

First off let me say I adore DCC and everything about it but I must admit sometimes I am weak at doing things on the fly and that is when I must refer to the forums. I am curious as to how you all handle injuries from a mechanical standpoint or if you only use them as pure flavor?

So far I have been doing the latter and luckily for me only a few broken ribs has come up in game which I didn't impair the player mechanically but I am curious how others handle injuries that usually only come up after critical hits etc..

Thanks,

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:15 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

I use the dice chain when I think it is appropriate. I also have a 12-sided die marked with body parts to indicate where a bone is broken. If you break your foot, you might be able to hobble around on a crutch. Better to ask the cleric for help, if you have one in the party.

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:31 am 
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Raven_Crowking wrote:
I use the dice chain when I think it is appropriate. I also have a 12-sided die marked with body parts to indicate where a bone is broken. If you break your foot, you might be able to hobble around on a crutch. Better to ask the cleric for help, if you have one in the party.

Ahh the dice chain I don't know why in game why I never think of that but that is a good idea of handling injuries. The rib injury came across well as flavor since I figure if pro athletes can play with one so can a dwarven adventurer but ill have to remember using the dice chain in the future when its not obvious like with a broken foot.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:54 am 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

I found it helpful to use a random table to determine breaks. Cognition Pressworks whipped up a pretty handy reference, but I can't for the life of me remember where I downloaded it from originally, but here's the link to my copy https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/#fol ... nVLcHZWamc