Actions question

For DCC RPG rules discussion. Includes rules questions and ideas, new rules suggestions, homebrews and hacks, conversions to other systems, and everything else rules-related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

raskal
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Actions question

Post by raskal »

The rule says that each round, a character may move its normal speed and do one thing for each of its action dice. This means that a character cannot do an action (as ranged attack) and then move ?
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: Actions question

Post by Raven_Crowking »

I don't think that the order matters.

You can do A and B, but you need not do A then B.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

I agree with Raven_Crowking.

I really like this approach to combat.
Doug Kovacs
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Doug Kovacs »

If you are asking about the rule for use with minis I think the important thing is that you can't move a little then fire your bow and then move again, because that would mean you could shoot at somebody without ever exposing yourself. That would also be doing three things, not two.

I played Star wars minis with Joseph Goodman years ago and move and attack or attack and move were the backbone of the game.

I imagine something like firing a bow while running could be a Mighty Deed of Arms.
DOUG KOVACS
Artist/Illustrator
dk@dougkovacs.com
http://dougkovacs.com
The Drain Chamber (Blog)
http://dougkovacs.com/dkblog/
Rostranor
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Rostranor »

The relay run missle fire MIGHTY DEED!

Running and gunning is not just for Elves anymore!

I read the rule the same way. Move and action or action and then move.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

The way I read the rules, once you have two Action Dice, you should be able to move, shoot with your lower Action Die, and move again.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
oncelor
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by oncelor »

This is interesting. We've been playing that attacking or casting a spell means that one cannot move afterward (though I've allowed MDoA's to allow 5' per MDoA-2 after an attack.) I'll have to think about allowing movement after actions if this is the way the rules are actually written. Since most of the party is now 6th/7th level, this would mean that move-attack-move might be a very standard sort of thing to do. Has anybody else played with minis and 6th+ level characters with this move-attack-move rule? Does it work out OK?

Return to “Rules discussion”