Luck and corruption

For DCC RPG rules discussion. Includes rules questions and ideas, new rules suggestions, homebrews and hacks, conversions to other systems, and everything else rules-related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

DM Cojo
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Luck and corruption

Post by DM Cojo »

I have been allowing the elves and wizards in my group to modify their spell check results, using luck...which is one way I understand that luck may be used. I also would probably allow them to use luck to modify rolls on the "alternate spellburn rules" that Judge Hook posted here http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... 72&t=44802

But can luck be used to make the roll on a disapproval or corruption roll, more favorable for the PC?
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Luck and corruption

Post by GnomeBoy »

Since you can use Luck to avoid corruption altogether (pg 116), I suppose it is no stretch to use it to instead adjust the result, if that is agreeable to all parties.

Disapproval could be another kettle of fish; I don't see burning Luck as something the character is actively doing in any way, it is something that is happening one way or another and Luck is adjusting the 'probabilities', so to speak, as to what happens. Disapproval is coming from a deity -- if the deity is subject to the whims of the universe, I suppose you could avoid it with Luck burn. If the deity is the whim of the universe, I don't see how you could avoid the disapproval.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham

Return to “Rules discussion”