Playing with the System Part 1

For DCC RPG rules discussion. Includes rules questions and ideas, new rules suggestions, homebrews and hacks, conversions to other systems, and everything else rules-related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Playing with the System Part 1

Post by ragboy »

I'm doing some development on a home campaign, and as I was working through it, I realized that it was a great opportunity to stretch the system a bit. So, as I develop, I'm going to post to my blog, over here:

http://mysticbull.blogspot.com/2013/10/ ... 1-dcc.html

First up is excising demi-humans and replacing them with a more Appendix N set of "races." Really, just mutated human-fey get. Next is likely a brief discussion on the slice of game world where it's all starting, and then a rebuild of the 0-level character process. Then, an alternate way to do classes. Then, a slight re-tool of the magic system...well, I say slight. Combining Wizard and Cleric into a spellcaster with Patron (being a god, demon, spirit, whatever). The only difference between a wizard and a cleric is the size of their patron...

Anyway...let me know what you think.
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: Playing with the System Part 1

Post by Skars »

I was thinking you could probably just rename the demi-humans into the races you prefer and their abilities would apply:
Dwarf - Insectoid/Chitinous Alien (shield bash)
Halfling - Mutant (Lucky genes)
Elf - Fey (patron magic)

It's fun to tinker around with the classes, I applaud your efforts.

Return to “Rules discussion”