Awarding XP

For DCC RPG rules discussion. Includes rules questions and ideas, new rules suggestions, homebrews and hacks, conversions to other systems, and everything else rules-related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

marshal kt

Re: Awarding XP

Post by marshal kt »

Skyscraper wrote:Thanks for your further thoughts Marshal.

I've heard a lot of good about Savage Worlds, and even downloaded the (simplified?) rules that were free download a year or two ago, when the game came out. Looks like a great game. I'm looking forward to trying it out at the next occasion. But we have a Call of Cthulhu game lined up after our DCC game, so probably not for the immediate future.
Savage Worlds has been out since 2003. It's been rereleased and updated with each new printing, when 1 edition sells out.

The test drive rules are still available from the website as well as at least a dozen short adventures in many genres.
There is even a CoC version of SW.
Skyscraper
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Re: Awarding XP

Post by Skyscraper »

marshal kt wrote:
Skyscraper wrote:Thanks for your further thoughts Marshal.

I've heard a lot of good about Savage Worlds, and even downloaded the (simplified?) rules that were free download a year or two ago, when the game came out. Looks like a great game. I'm looking forward to trying it out at the next occasion. But we have a Call of Cthulhu game lined up after our DCC game, so probably not for the immediate future.
Savage Worlds has been out since 2003. It's been rereleased and updated with each new printing, when 1 edition sells out.

The test drive rules are still available from the website as well as at least a dozen short adventures in many genres.
There is even a CoC version of SW.
Is that right? I was off by a few years then! I thought it was pretty recent for some reason. Thanks for the info.
Maledict Brothbreath, level 4 warrior, STR 16 (+2) AGI 7 (-1) STA 12 PER 9 INT 10 LUCK 15 (+1), AC: 16 Refl: +1 Fort: +2 Will: +1; lawful; Armor of the Lion and Lily's Blade.

Brother Sufferus, level 4 cleric, STR 13 (+1) AGI 15 (+1) STA 11 PER 13 (+1) INT 10 LUCK 9, AC: 11 (13 if wounded, 15 if down to half hit points), Refl: +3 Fort: +2 Will: +3, chaotic, Robe of the Faith, Scourge of the Maimed One, Darts of Pain.

Return to “Rules discussion”