Zero Lvl PC's Burning Luck

For DCC RPG rules discussion. Includes rules questions and ideas, new rules suggestions, homebrews and hacks, conversions to other systems, and everything else rules-related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Sundweller
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Zero Lvl PC's Burning Luck

Post by Sundweller »

It is my assumption that zero level characters can burn luck during the funnel. This is correct right?

If that is the case, and a Human character has burned luck during the funnel, survives, then chooses the Thief class, does that character get his burned luck back? Or does it remain where it was after the luck was burned before the class was chosen?
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: Zero Lvl PC's Burning Luck

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Sundweller wrote:It is my assumption that zero level characters can burn luck during the funnel. This is correct right?
I would say so, yes.
If that is the case, and a Human character has burned luck during the funnel, survives, then chooses the Thief class, does that character get his burned luck back? Or does it remain where it was after the luck was burned before the class was chosen?
What he has after. Unless the judge runs it another way.

Of course, permanent bonuses to Luck increase what he can gain back, and penalties to Luck decrease the same. Again, unless the judge decides to run it another way.

RC
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Sundweller
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Sundweller »

I was thinking that it should stay as it is after the funnel as well. Was just curious how other GM's were handling it. I think that's the route I will go with my group as well. Just makes sense.
sgates248
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by sgates248 »

I agree that the Luck would stay where it is after the funnel. This is how I run things anyway. They can use it but if they abuse it...they might regret it later.

Return to “Rules discussion”