Newbie questions

For DCC RPG rules discussion. Includes rules questions and ideas, new rules suggestions, homebrews and hacks, conversions to other systems, and everything else rules-related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Space_Masters
Ill-Fated Peasant

Newbie questions

Post by Space_Masters »

Hey, I just finished reading the rulebook and I have a few questions. I'm coming from a mostly Pathfinder and 4e background, so I'm trying to leave most of my assumptions at the door.

Do you add your Stamina modifier every time you roll a hit die or just once?

When a character is reduced to 0 hp, he can be revived if his body is recovered within 1 hour and he passes a luck check. What is the DC of that check? Is that determined by the judge?

Do monsters roll on the normal fumble table just as players? Do they just roll a d4?

When healing ability score loss, does it heal 1 per ability or just 1 point total?

Does mercurial magic apply to clerics?

Thanks, everyone. I'm loving this game already.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: Newbie questions

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Space_Masters wrote:Hey, I just finished reading the rulebook and I have a few questions. I'm coming from a mostly Pathfinder and 4e background, so I'm trying to leave most of my assumptions at the door.
Hi there. Welcome.
Do you add your Stamina modifier every time you roll a hit die or just once?
Every time.
When a character is reduced to 0 hp, he can be revived if his body is recovered within 1 hour and he passes a luck check. What is the DC of that check? Is that determined by the judge?
Roll 1d20. If the result is equal to, or under, your Luck, congratulations! You are still alive.
Do monsters roll on the normal fumble table just as players? Do they just roll a d4?
Up to the judge, but I rule yes.
When healing ability score loss, does it heal 1 per ability or just 1 point total?
I rule 1 point total.
Does mercurial magic apply to clerics?
No.
Thanks, everyone. I'm loving this game already.
You're welcome!
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

Yeah, clerics get their own special set of "screwed" tables for deity disapproval. Speaking of which, in my games, the clerics have a muuuuuuch rougher time of things. I don't know if it's just crazy luck or bad dice or what.
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Welcome aboard! The other blackbird already answered all your questions. Feel free to ask more and don't forget to introduce yourself in the introductions thread. ;)
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
Space_Masters
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Space_Masters »

Thanks, Raven.

I'll be sure to introduce myself.

Return to “Rules discussion”