Two Weapon Fighting

For DCC RPG rules discussion. Includes rules questions and ideas, new rules suggestions, homebrews and hacks, conversions to other systems, and everything else rules-related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: Two Weapon Fighting

Post by Pesky »

beermotor wrote:E.g., called shots on first action dice, defensive deed on secondary action dice, rinse-repeat.
Hmm, I've been allowing my players' warriors/dwarves only one MDoA per round (which they may choose to associate with any attack within the round). Am I "ripping off" my players according to RAW? I doubt I'll change my ways, but I at least want to know when I'm being bad. :twisted:
Terry Olson
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

Pesky wrote:
beermotor wrote:E.g., called shots on first action dice, defensive deed on secondary action dice, rinse-repeat.
Hmm, I've been allowing my players' warriors/dwarves only one MDoA per round (which they may choose to associate with any attack within the round). Am I "ripping off" my players according to RAW? I doubt I'll change my ways, but I at least want to know when I'm being bad. :twisted:

I re-checked the RAW and it just says "prior to any attack" ... So, I would judge that to mean that a high level warrior with multiple action dice could do multiple deeds. I think I wouldn't allow multiple deeds for simple dual wielding, though... since that's really the splitting of an action die.
Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Pesky »

beermotor wrote:I re-checked the RAW and it just says "prior to any attack" ... So, I would judge that to mean that a high level warrior with multiple action dice could do multiple deeds. I think I wouldn't allow multiple deeds for simple dual wielding, though... since that's really the splitting of an action die.
Thanks beermotor. I think I'll stick with my interpretation, nonetheless. This is starting to remind me of a previous discussion here. I'm a proponent of defining an "attack" as a set of one or more actions for the round. I notice that table 1-10 in the warrior section makes a similar distinction, with the column headers "Attack (Deed Die)" and "Action Dice" being separate. Consequently I also allow only one deed die roll per round. I realize that the "*" footnote of table 1-10 introduces some controversy into my interpretation. C'est la vie! Ah well, thanks for getting me to think about this stuff again.
Terry Olson
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

Oh yeah I remember that discussion. Hmm. Well I don't really know how I'll work it out, but it's a looooong way off for my group, at any rate.
Rostranor
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Rostranor »

Yeah, I'm with Pesky, one deed die per round. I then FBI redacted my PHB so that it agrees with me.

Return to “Rules discussion”