Series of Unrelated Questions

For DCC RPG rules discussion. Includes rules questions and ideas, new rules suggestions, homebrews and hacks, conversions to other systems, and everything else rules-related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

mikeawmids
Ill-Fated Peasant

Re: Series of Unrelated Questions

Post by mikeawmids »

I have two questions of my own, if I can tag them onto the end of this thread rather than post a new one....

What is the DC when the character rolls Luck to turn over the body?

And can Elves use Spellburn? The rules only really mention Wizards (can) /Clerics (usually cannot).
Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: Gateway Games & More

Re: Series of Unrelated Questions

Post by Rick »

mikeawmids wrote:I have two questions of my own, if I can tag them onto the end of this thread rather than post a new one....

What is the DC when the character rolls Luck to turn over the body?
No DC, just have the fallen character roll equal to or less than his/her Luck score on 1d20.
mikeawmids wrote:And can Elves use Spellburn? The rules only really mention Wizards (can) /Clerics (usually cannot).
Don't see why not, and this from Joseph (back before the game saw print) seems to support it:

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... 491#p28491
goodmangames wrote:Thus is born the spellburn system, which allows a spellcaster to seek aid from an otherworldly patron -- at a price. A spellcaster can sacrifice physical ability scores (Strength, Agility, or Stamina) in a 1:1 ratio to enhance his spell check. Sacrifice 4 points of strength and add +4 to your next spell check. The ability score loss heals -- slowly -- and there is a table to provide inspiration of exactly what act is committed to cause the loss of that Strength. So your low-level wizard...or, let's say, elf...who appeals to the aid of an otherworldly power...say, Arioch...may get that aid -- but only if he drains his own physical stamina and contributes three souls in the next hour.
Emphasis mine.

Return to “Rules discussion”