DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Far-Sighted Wanderer
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:43 pm
- FLGS: Board Game Barrister
I recently sat down and read my copy of Ghostlike Crime #01 from cover to cover. Above is my YouTube review which goes into a lot more detail.
The quick bullet points:
- It takes DCC to modern dystopia. Mash up bits of Ghost Busters, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and The X-Files. You can totally use this for a "monster of the week game" or...
- There is mention of an underlying narrative where corporate cabals hoard magic in addition to wealth, and who have a knack for tearing holes in reality by being awful stewards of their power.
- It has a whole new occupation chart that reflects 80s movies about this sort of subject matter.
- It has two new classes (Scrapper and Paratechnologist) and repurposes the Warrior, Thief, and Halfling, though Halflings are called Half-Pints, and they are that "streetwise kid" from so many action and adventure movies.
- The modern equipment at 0-level is mostly crap you'd pull out of a suburban garage, and Lucky Signs are replaced with Lucky Trinkets.
- There are a bunch of Weird Science Devices, that are the "magic" of the Paratechnologist.
- There are 3 short adventures, and I wish they were a bit more fleshed out. They give more of a sense of "what can be done" with the setting, than they give a clear narrative experience.
- And it ends with a mini-monster manual pulled from urban legends.
I really enjoy it conceptually, though I haven't played it, and I have a bunch of adventure ideas I want to put to the test.
If this sounds interesting, check out the review or just go order it from the online store here:
https://goodman-games.com/store/product ... -crime-01/
Breaker Press Games
PS. I am going through all of the stuff I backed on Kickstarter this year, so expect more DCC reviews. I'm rendering one for Reckoning of the Gods right now. More on that one soon!