The God-Seed Hath Awakened...

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

The God-Seed Hath Awakened...

Post by ragboy »

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/127231/Th ... ed-Awakens

A Secret Buried for an Aeon is About to Sprout!
From beyond our dimension, a living seed has festered here for an aeon. Within it lurks the nascent form of Akavala, the Ravenous Tree, dread ruler of a shattered world and its carefully gathered and subjugated protectors. Two of these powerful creatures escaped into the underworld drawing champions and enemies from the complex societies found
there. As the god-seed grows, the world creeps closer to its doom.

The God-Seed Awakens is a Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG adventure intended for four to six 3rd-level characters.

Includes: Full adventure, a new patron, new spells, new magic items, the Living Weapons of the Empire of the Thal, and many many new monsters.
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Re: The God-Seed Hath Awakened...

Post by MrHemlocks »

This is added to my buy list. One question: $13.00 for a pdf is kind of pricey. How many pages is this beast? I will be buying the print version when ready... :wink:
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Including covers, etc., the pdf is 53 pages.

Of those pages, pages 4-48 (inclusive) are content. There is blank space on some pages, as well as artwork, but I don't think that the adventure lacks for content. DISCLOSURE: I gave it a read-through and did some editing on the early document, for which I received a free copy, which is what I am using to reference in answering these questions.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Thanks Raven!

That makes the price more worth it) Still will wait for the print version...too old school and loving it!
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

MrHemlocks wrote:This is added to my buy list. One question: $13.00 for a pdf is kind of pricey. How many pages is this beast? I will be buying the print version when ready... :wink:
Mr Hemlocks -- it's actually $12 -- when I pushed it out initially, I had the price screwed up.

Also note that there will be a coupon for the physical book for those that buy the PDF - I don't know the details yet, but it'll be a significant portion of the purchase price. We're doing the physical book on RPGNow this time for this specific reason (we used Lulu before -- and didn't realize you couldn't bundle/coupon). The layout for it should be done this week and then it's just getting the proof and making sure everything's kosher.

And also what Daniel said -- 53 pages, 1 new patron, three new spells (patron spells), only one new magic item, but lots and lots of new (and different takes on old) monsters. And the living weapons of the Thal Empire! ... :|
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
Shinobi27
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Shinobi27 »

I downloaded mine this morning - turned out really well.
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

So, for us that now buy the PDF will we get the coupon for the print version at time of purchase? Or will the coupon come at a later time?
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

MrHemlocks wrote:So, for us that now buy the PDF will we get the coupon for the print version at time of purchase? Or will the coupon come at a later time?
Not at the time of purchase, currently. I don't have the costs of production nailed down completely for the print version. But, will soon.
AKA Paul Wolfe
My Gamer Profile
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Any word on the print version? I will be getting both...any deals when buying both?

Also, does this book contain a new player class? I read, somewhere, that there was a new class included with this book? It is part of the mini campaign setting that is also included???
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

MrHemlocks wrote:Any word on the print version? I will be getting both...any deals when buying both?

Also, does this book contain a new player class? I read, somewhere, that there was a new class included with this book? It is part of the mini campaign setting that is also included???
I just ordered the SECOND proof this morning. There was an issue with one of the images so we had to fix and resubmit, etc. I'm hoping two weeks... depends on when it gets here and we can confirm that everything is peachy.

There will be a deal, both for those that buy the Print and PDF together, and those that have bought the PDF separately up to the print publication date. More details when we have a print version. If you buy the PDF, just make sure you hold on to the Transaction number. You'll get a coupon for the Print version.

There are technically two new classes, but they aren't in the book... they're here:

Mod of the Cleric: http://mysticbull.blogspot.com/2014/04/ ... hurch.html

The Tokar: http://mysticbull.blogspot.com/2014/04/ ... tokar.html

There's also a mini-sandbox that's intended to be a kind of base setting, if the Judge doesn't have his/her own. I still haven't finished it (work is trying to kill me), but it is previewed here: http://mysticbull.blogspot.com/2014/04/ ... trict.html

The final product will be free to download. And I'm starting a "zine" method of publishing content for the greater setting...they'll be short and inexpensive in the same vein as the free product.
AKA Paul Wolfe
My Gamer Profile
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

The physical copy of the book is now available. Details here: http://mysticbull.blogspot.com/2014/05/ ... sical.html
AKA Paul Wolfe
My Gamer Profile
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Ordered.

I really like this adventure, and the cover is sweetness itself.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Just ordered the print/pdf combo. How many grand adventures will be made for this mini campaign setting? I will add this, along with Trolls of Mistwood, to my Blackmarsh campaign setting. Will also add the official DCC campaign setting if GG will ever make one :(
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

MrHemlocks wrote:Just ordered the print/pdf combo. How many grand adventures will be made for this mini campaign setting? I will add this, along with Trolls of Mistwood, to my Blackmarsh campaign setting. Will also add the official DCC campaign setting if GG will ever make one :(
I'm torn at the moment about the mini-setting. There are a bunch of things I'd like to explore there with a semi-Sino/Japanese setting filtered through a Dying Earth-kind of situation, but the God-Seed adventure opens up another avenue that I'm also interested in -- that of a magi-tech apocalyptic sword and planet setting. Unfortunately, I only have two hands and both have to type on the one thing. Still trying to decide. I haven't completed the first mini-setting piece yet (real work is killing me), but hope to this month.

And thanks for the purchase! I'd love to hear feedback on the book.
AKA Paul Wolfe
My Gamer Profile

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”