Tales of the Fallen Empire: other questions

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Rostranor
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Tales of the Fallen Empire: other questions

Post by Rostranor »

So, I have some other questions, since I have no idea where to place them officially I am putting them here.

Sentinel Class: the class has a Sense Motive Ability, but its not described anywhere. What does this do?

Barbarian: has a ferocity die that goes up to d16, but the results only go up to 12.
Karaptis
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Tales of the Fallen Empire: other questions

Post by Karaptis »

I will read my copy soon and see if I can help you.
Karaptis
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Karaptis »

More closely I should say. I gave it a quick look and liked it very much.
Gansk
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Gansk »

Regarding the barbarian, it is OK for the ferocity die to exceed the most powerful result, as the main rule book does not list mighty deeds with results above 7 - those results will just occur with a higher frequency if the warrior rolls a d10 deed die.

In addition, the barbarian has the option to choose a lower result on the table, so any time he rolls 12 through 16, he has all twelve powers at his disposal. The powers have different durations to encourage him to mix it up a little and not just choose the highest number that he rolls.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Who wrote the two adventures in the back, if I may be so bold as to ask?
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
ravenspoe
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by ravenspoe »

Gansk wrote:Regarding the barbarian, it is OK for the ferocity die to exceed the most powerful result, as the main rule book does not list mighty deeds with results above 7 - those results will just occur with a higher frequency if the warrior rolls a d10 deed die.

In addition, the barbarian has the option to choose a lower result on the table, so any time he rolls 12 through 16, he has all twelve powers at his disposal. The powers have different durations to encourage him to mix it up a little and not just choose the highest number that he rolls.

Hit it right on the nail head!
Rev. James Carpio - Freelance Writer & Game Designer
Sole Proprietor - Chapter 13 Press
http://www.Hexgeneration.com Post Punk and OSR Gaming from the Generation X point of view.
ravenspoe
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by ravenspoe »

Raven_Crowking wrote:Who wrote the two adventures in the back, if I may be so bold as to ask?
Adam Rinehart wrote the 0 level adventure and I wrote the Lovecraftian/Aliens themed ones.
They were left a bit vague allowing the Judge to embellish. THe Horror's of Hod went through a huge number of changes before I settled on the version in the book.

The original adventure "The Temple of Time" could never find the right rhythm during the playtests. So it was scrapped.

The Oscar Rios adventure "The Faceless Enemy" is pretty complete, however it is solely based on the setting material. So for those not versed in the legend of Valerek and the fall of Uruk, some parts may get confusing.
http://www.Hexgeneration.com Post Punk and OSR Gaming from the Generation X point of view.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

ravenspoe wrote:
Raven_Crowking wrote:Who wrote the two adventures in the back, if I may be so bold as to ask?
Adam Rinehart wrote the 0 level adventure and I wrote the Lovecraftian/Aliens themed ones.
They were left a bit vague allowing the Judge to embellish. THe Horror's of Hod went through a huge number of changes before I settled on the version in the book.

The original adventure "The Temple of Time" could never find the right rhythm during the playtests. So it was scrapped.

The Oscar Rios adventure "The Faceless Enemy" is pretty complete, however it is solely based on the setting material. So for those not versed in the legend of Valerek and the fall of Uruk, some parts may get confusing.
Hey, thanks for the response! :D
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Gameogre
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Gameogre »

I'm curious how healing is handled in TotFE,if divine magic is out and cleric along with it how is healing handled?
ravenspoe
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by ravenspoe »

Gameogre wrote:I'm curious how healing is handled in TotFE,if divine magic is out and cleric along with it how is healing handled?
The Witch has the same clerical ability to heal wounds. However, the witch's ability is not based on alignment, but on the phases of the moon.
ravenspoe
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by ravenspoe »

[quote="Rostranor"]So, I have some other questions, since I have no idea where to place them officially I am putting them here.

Sentinel Class: the class has a Sense Motive Ability, but its not described anywhere. What does this do?
quote]
Oh My! I did not list what the sense motive ability does.
Well if you are a 3.5 or Pathfinder player it's makes a bit more sense... however, the Sense Motive ability allows the sentinel to detect if an adversary is lying to them. I will have to update the PDF, unfortunately I did not catch this before the books went to the printer.

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”