Upcoming Modules for Transylvanian Adventures

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Silmarillius
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Upcoming Modules for Transylvanian Adventures

Post by Silmarillius »

Hi Friends!

My screenname is Silmarillius. I've been a member of Raven_Crowking's table top game for a while now (almost 11 years, with a few years out of the game due to school and other things). I've posted on En World and Wizards of the Coast, but this is my first post ever to Goodman Games. I have been in talks with both Raven_Crowking and smathis regarding my interest in Adventure Design. Needless to say, when I came across Transylvania Adventures, I was thrilled to contribute.

I am currently working on three adventures for the system to offer for publication, three of which are part of The Witch Trilogy:

Return to Sleepy Hollow
In A Town Called Salem
and A Problem in Oz

As well, I'm currently designing an Adventure of my own making (not saying that the aforementioned works aren't my own, but I obviously have inspired sources. This one (and as I'm writing it it's turning more and more into a Mega Dungeon, or Castle in this system :D ) called The Wolfsbane Spire. I will attempt to keep those of you updated as to my progress and hope I've generated some interest amongst all of you.

-Sil
Attachments
&quot;When shall we three meet again<br />In thunder, lightning, or in rain?&quot;
"When shall we three meet again
In thunder, lightning, or in rain?"
macbeth witches 01.jpg (35.03 KiB) Viewed 29614 times
Last edited by Silmarillius on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Adventure Designs

Post by smathis »

Yup. Simarillius, RCK and I have been in steady contact over the last few days. Simarillius is being very modest with his reveal here. He's got some amazing stuff lined up. The details in this thread are just the tip of a radioactive iceberg filled with frozen prehistoric zombie dinosaurs that are going to eat your face off.

We're still in discussion over publishing options -- self-publishing under his own imprint, publishing under the Land of Phantoms imprint or partnering with one of the more established DCC 3PPs. If anyone has anything they'd like to add on that topic, I'm sure we're all interested.

Thanks again to Simarillius for picking up the bag of stakes here. TATG is a labor of dark, sinister and slightly creepy love. It's the RPG I always wish had been written, plastered on top of the fantasy RPG that I always wish had been written (DCC). And Simarillius has got some great ideas for these adventures.
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: Upcoming Modules for Transylvanian Adventures

Post by Skars »

I am glad you asked this question. I was just reading an old Dungeon magazine and was wondering how we could combine the creative forces of the DCC RPG third party into a single quarterly issue full of adventures and awesomeness? It wouldn't replace the existing publications, I just thought it would be fun for readers and potentially productive for small publishers.

</$0.02>
Silmarillius
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Silmarillius »

So a magazine (potentially an e-zine as well) that functions like Dungeons but for DCC RPG? I'd be down for that. Did you have a publisher/distributor in mind? There is Crawl already, but I'm assuming that this would be a lot larger?
Silmarillius
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Silmarillius »

So as of today, I'm one third finished Return to Sleepy Hollow. If anyone has any suggestions for things I should check out for inspiration, feel free to send them my way :).
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Session 9, while set in a more modern time period, has a classic "haunted sanitarium".
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

Silmarillius wrote:So a magazine (potentially an e-zine as well) that functions like Dungeons but for DCC RPG? I'd be down for that. Did you have a publisher/distributor in mind? There is Crawl already, but I'm assuming that this would be a lot larger?
You know, I'd be down for helping publish a thing like this, and not just in my zine format, but a more "professional" mainstream format, it could be PDF/POD, full color, etc., if desired. The only problem is I'd need a project manager (an executive producer) for it that would be willing to coordinate with artists, writers and editors. I'd be willing to do editing and/or layout. I just can't take on another full project, as I have my hands full with Crawl already.
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
Silmarillius
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Silmarillius »

I will speak with my DM Raven_Crowking on Tuesday to suggest that we both assist you with Producing this :). Awesome idea!
Silmarillius
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Silmarillius »

So, he's interested in submitting, but not in the producing part. I am however. I will send you a private message with my email so that we can get some preliminary planning done.

Transylvania things related, I am now half way done the first adventure. Return to Sleepy Hollow at my estimate, will most likely be an AL1 or AL2 adventure, depending on the encounter levels that I'm still throwing in. More to follow!
Attachments
Sleepy-Hollow.jpg
Sleepy-Hollow.jpg (93.56 KiB) Viewed 29464 times
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Silmarillius wrote:So, he's interested in submitting, but not in the producing part.
Just to be clear, I will be happy to contribute material, review material, playtest material, and subscribe.

Getting advertisers, setting prices, and telling people that their heart-felt submissions don't make the grade doesn't interest me. I know those things are necessary, and I am glad that others are willing to do them, but.....not something I want to do any more. Just getting old, I guess. I don't have the time like I used to.

Feedback and material I will contribute as I am able to.

Daniel
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Silmarillius
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Silmarillius »

Good to hear Dan.

Skars, would you be able to send me a response for your level of commitment to this. I have no problem doing some of the necessary work (but I will require some assistance, and I'm reaching out to you).

-Sil
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

Silmarillius wrote:Good to hear Dan.

Skars, would you be able to send me a response for your level of commitment to this. I have no problem doing some of the necessary work (but I will require some assistance, and I'm reaching out to you).

-Sil
I'm Happy to lend a hand with playtesting, review, submissions, and I can consult/participate on a lot of the project management aspects. My time is crunched over the next two months with a 4th child on the way and a lot of work to get coordinated before I take a little time away for the incoming arrival. (Just trying to help set expectations).

_Thom
Silmarillius
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Silmarillius »

Skars wrote:
I'm Happy to lend a hand with playtesting, review, submissions, and I can consult/participate on a lot of the project management aspects. My time is crunched over the next two months with a 4th child on the way and a lot of work to get coordinated before I take a little time away for the incoming arrival. (Just trying to help set expectations).

_Thom
Good to hear. Thread is almost up, will keep you posted.
Silmarillius
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Silmarillius »

New thread for DCC RPG Magazine can be found here: http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... 70&t=44484
-Sil
ThickSkullAdv
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by ThickSkullAdv »

Silmarillius wrote:So as of today, I'm one third finished Return to Sleepy Hollow. If anyone has any suggestions for things I should check out for inspiration, feel free to send them my way :).
You've probably already checked it out, but just in case: the creators of the movie The Blair Witch Project did a good job establishing a mythology for the aforementioned witch which should provide a bit of inspiration.

http://www.blairwitch.com/mythology.html
Silmarillius
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Silmarillius »

ThickSkullAdv wrote: You've probably already checked it out, but just in case: the creators of the movie The Blair Witch Project did a good job establishing a mythology for the aforementioned witch which should provide a bit of inspiration.

http://www.blairwitch.com/mythology.html
Awesome! Yes, this was helpful. Thanks. Almost done the first one, will have a sample available soon (edited hopefully) in the near future for critique on a new blog I'll be forming for all of you.

-Sil
Silmarillius
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Silmarillius »

Very good post by my dear friend Raven Crowking, who's been helping me with the adventure design. I encourage all of you to take a look: http://www.ravencrowking.blogspot.ca/20 ... gn_15.html
Amanchanamun
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Amanchanamun »

any news ?
Silmarillius
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Silmarillius »

Almost done, will provide a preview shortly.

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”