Tales of the Fallen Empire at Carnage

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

storm_bringer
Ill-Fated Peasant

Tales of the Fallen Empire at Carnage

Post by storm_bringer »

Hello Everybody,
I'm a new DCC player and have been reading the DCC RPG rulebook. I'm enjoying it very much, especially for the nostalgic feeling of old it's bringing back. I used play AD&D back in high school every Friday night from 5pm to 7am Saturday. It seemed like only a few hours instead of 14. After that I dabbled in GURPS and Rolemaster. I loved the Rolemaster crit tables and am glad DCC has a similar mechanic.

Last weekend I was at Carnage Con in Vermont. I got to play Tales of the Fallen Empire run by James. This was my first time playing DCC & Tales. I played a 3rd level Barbarian who managed to survive the whole dungeon. Unlike one of our players who racked up somewhere around three character deaths. In his defense, his second character was a Thief which had less HP than the scrawny witch. How that character ever survived to 3rd level is beyond me (he must have burned all his luck). Anyway, the Barbarian trades the deed die of a Warrior for his own extra crit table. I decided to dual wield to try for extra crits. The witch character was pretty interesting and we used her augury ability a few times to help us decide the best course of action to proceed. Her healing ability was useful as well.

This Sunday I'll be playing DCC RPG again at Triple Play in New Hampshire. A fellow gamer and I are hosting a character funnel of 0 level peasants. It should be fun. This is the first DCC event ever held at the store. I'm hoping we run similar events in the future. If I get ambitious I will post again with pictures. If anyone is in the Vermont/New Hampshire Upper Valley area you're welcome to come join us. Check out the TriplePlayNH.com forums for details.

Jeff
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Re: Tales of the Fallen Empire at Carnage

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Cool story, Jeff. I didn't support Tales, but I'm planning to pick up a copy next year in pdf at least.
Oh, and welcome aboard. :)
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”